Well Played, AHS...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toxick

Reaction score
Well played, indeed...

:mug::ban::mug::ban::mug:

Screenshot.jpg

Monkey_sm.jpg

That's awesome! I always assumed no one really looked at the "special instructions" beyond "don't crush grains" or something. And that's not a bad drawing, either!

haha, i think we now know the real reason that orders from AHS have been taking longer than normal to ship -- they're not backlogged from the anniversary sale, they're using our boxes as a sketch paper!

love it. well played AHS, well played.

if you fan midwest on facebook, they do the same thing and post pictures there. I love both midwest and AHS but to be fair the AHS is actually a decent drawing. The midwest ones are really bad, and therefore funny.

WTF? It looks like Curious George with a queue. That's hilarious. Someone definitely has a sense of humor at AHS. Well done.

ALL AHS orders will be behind now that everyone is going to request stupid drawings.

Am I the only one who noticed Toxick's "bong" folder in that screenshot?

You got some 'splainin' to do there mister... ;)

lol - okay - 'bong' is the name of my firewall which sends me daily e-mails.

I call it 'bong' because it filters the bad smoke...errrr....traffic...out from the good :)

My message to AHS would be "please ship before Jesus returns"

unless he drinks beer, then I might still be able to use it...

They are still rolling them out. I ordered from them last monday and got it wednesday. I'm going to have to start asking for a random sketch on my boxes here on out.

hahahaa :) Its pretty funny you asked them to draw a monkey on the box in the 1st place. Were you curious to see if they would follow the "additional instructions"?

hahahaa :) Its pretty funny you asked them to draw a monkey on the box in the 1st place. Were you curious to see if they would follow the "additional instructions"?

Yeah, I normally put *something* in the additional instructions. I think the time before that, I put "Keep Being Awesome!" This time, I just wanted to see how they would react. I work for a place that would jump on this kind of request, so I wanted to see if AHS had the same kind of mentality. They do, and that's completely satisfying to me :)

Although it's cool, i'd rather they not draw the monkey and get orders out asap.

_

Right now most orders are going out same day. Not to worry.

Forrest

I've regularly had to wait 3-5 days for an order to ship. Is this a new development? Don't get me wrong, I love your guy's stuff and esp. the AG kits, but the shipping wait times have caused me to find another source. If you can ship same/next day, then I'll go back.

We pay an average of $15 shipping per order. If you really need it to go out the same day the expedited shipping is the actual shipping charges. I recently doubled the shipping staff so orders are going out quickly even with the flat rate shipping. We are experiencing 50% growth over last year so orders can take a couple of days because of volume. We ship orders out in the order they arrive. If I had to hire enough people to make sure every order went out the same day, the $7.99 would not be feasible. It is a discount because you are willing to wait if need be.

Thanks for understanding.

Forrest

It took over 2 weeks for my last order from Morebeer to ship. AHS has been the quickest to ship for me. They package much better also.

If you spend $100 the shipping would be a pretty penny, so waiting is well worth it to me. I've ordered twice from them, got no pictures (didn't ask for one b/c i'm not unique enough) and didn't have a long wait. Being 2 hours from LHBS, they are my best option.

My fiance loves AHS even more now. I asked them to put happy 23rd birthday on the box for her, and it was sitting on her desk after she got home from her class today. She LOVES the gesture you guys did to have it take up the entire side of the box.

Back