What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image-820622712.jpg

I love Stones beer selection!

Having some Oscar Blue's Dale's Pale ale & vodka after a successfull brewday. Not to mention,cleaning up this morning after bottling day yesterday. Been a busy weekend. Kinda cool that my daughter & her boyfriend closed up the cookie shop in Hollywood last night before sampling the 4 beers I sent them. Claimed it was the best beer they ever had.
And one for ohcrap...they seemed to like the dark hybrid lager the most.

Single hop Sovereign IPA.

Sovereign is apparently a new hop named for our fair queen's jubilee last year... Lol. Kinda fuggles/noble-y.

ForumRunner_20130526_233451.png

bobmcstuff said:
Single hop Sovereign IPA.

Sovereign is apparently a new hop named for our fair queen's jubilee last year... Lol. Kinda fuggles/noble-y.

I was looking at that earlier. M&S have some great beers in their range at the minute, particularly the ones brewed by meantime brewery, Greenwich. Great stuff.

mcbaumannerb said:
Another meh...

Wow. You're just working your way through that whole line of Sam Adams beers I always see and think about trying but never do.

geez, bruva! what happened?

All goes smoothly, then my sink drain clogs. Given that I'd be unable to run my chiller without it, kind of an emergency. Takes me a good while to get that unclogged, but I get it done. In the mean time, while I'm focusing on the drain I neglect to catch a boilover. Fortunately while I didn't stop it, I caught it immediately before it made TOO big of a mess.

Then countless other small spills throughout the course of the brew. Then the pre-chiller I built to supplement my immersion chiller did f@&# all but save me 15 minutes in chill time (45 minutes down to about half an hour). The ice had all melted within the first 15 minutes.

All seemed to work out okay though, since I nailed my volume and nailed my gravity. And nailed my mash temp.

Hopefully batch number two will run smoothly (halfway through a 90 minute mash now). After batch one, I'm lucky I'm even able to do batch two today.

I was looking at that earlier. M&S have some great beers in their range at the minute, particularly the ones brewed by meantime brewery, Greenwich. Great stuff.

Yeah their Cornish IPA is actually St Austell Proper Job - and it's bottle conditioned with the yeast from primary so you can reculture the actual St Austell yeast from it.

Meantime is good stuff.

All goes smoothly, then my sink drain clogs. Given that I'd be unable to run my chiller without it, kind of an emergency. Takes me a good while to get that unclogged, but I get it done. In the mean time, while I'm focusing on the drain I neglect to catch a boilover. Fortunately while I didn't stop it, I caught it immediately before it made TOO big of a mess.

Then countless other small spills throughout the course of the brew. Then the pre-chiller I built to supplement my immersion chiller did f@&# all but save me 15 minutes in chill time (45 minutes down to about half an hour). The ice had all melted within the first 15 minutes.

All seemed to work out okay though, since I nailed my volume and nailed my gravity. And nailed my mash temp.

Hopefully batch number two will run smoothly (halfway through a 90 minute mash now). After batch one, I'm lucky I'm even able to do batch two today.
you're a floccin' champ! I'd said "flocc it" on the 2nd brew.

Finally got everything to make my first batch of Jalapeno Cucumber Mead. Thanks Disturbedchemist for the recipe
;) oh and I'm dranking a labatt blue :(

Just opened a gift bottle of Petrus Red. Not sure I can make it through this one though, dang its sweet...like a tangy Dr. Pepper

WesleyS said:
Wow. You're just working your way through that whole line of Sam Adams beers I always see and think about trying but never do.

I wouldn't buy them myself either ... have had too many from SA that aren't that good, but I'm at a cookout so it's this or Corona ;)

This ones not so bad...

image-2012574637.jpg

Good luck on number 2, that sounds like a long day. You'll get more out of the pre-chiller if you wait to hook it up until the main chiller has cooled the wort most of the way - 90 degress is when most people hook there's up, I believe.

Having some Motueka Biere de Mars and wading through the giant 2 hearted clone thread.

Just opened a gift bottle of Petrus Red. Not sure I can make it through this one though, dang its sweet...like a tangy Dr. Pepper

Hope it's not a 750, you might get the diabetes!

Too bad that beer isn't aged pale + cherries. That would be great.

Good luck on number 2, that sounds like a long day. You'll get more out of the pre-chiller if you wait to hook it up until the main chiller has cooled the wort most of the way - 90 degress is when most people hook there's up, I believe.

Having some Motueka Biere de Mars and wading through the giant 2 hearted clone thread.

Yep. I learned that lesson pretty quickly, and that was precisely the plan for batch #2

mcbaumannerb said:
I wouldn't buy them myself either ... have had too many from SA that aren't that good, but I'm at a cookout so it's this or Corona ;)

This ones not so bad...

Gotcha. Good choice then. The only acceptable setting for corona is on the beach in Mexico, listening to live music and eating nachos and chicharones.
Spent many hours doing just that on many trips.

Never had the Red. I'm assuming its a Flanders Red? I really dig the Oud Bruin.

It's a blend of something like 80% Oud Bruin and 20% Pale aged on cherries, don't quote me on that though. I really enjoy the Pale, but this one, at least to my palette, is cough syrup sweet.

Hope it's not a 750, you might get the diabetes!

Too bad that beer isn't aged pale + cherries. That would be great.

It is (was) a 750, although the bulk of it just got reassigned to marinate some spicy chicken wings and thighs. And ditto on the Pale on cherries, or at least a much greater % of Pale, would be great.

Back