Cream Ale Extract Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesjensen1068

Reaction score
Looking for a Cream Ale Extract Recipe. Something along the lines of a Little Kings Clone or Jamil's Weed, Feed and Mow. I'm currently brewing the Northern Brewers Cream Ale and would like to use the Wyeast 1056 American Ale from this batch.

Would prefer the recipe from someone who has brewed it...something tried and true.

Cheers:mug:

Thanks PuNk....Hope others will chime in as I want to get something close to Little Kings, or Jamil's recipe.

With 72 pages of posts for this recipe....I may need to try it.

Cheers

Thanks PuNk....Hope others will chime in as I want to get something close to Little Kings, or Jamil's recipe.

With 72 pages of posts for this recipe....I may need to try it.

Cheers

Well, I've made the caramel cream ale. It's nothing like Little Kings. It's not a cream ale at all. It's a very sweet vanilla flavored ale. It tasted like cream soda (the soda pop) with beer added. Some may like that, but it's definitely nothing like a cream ale.

I've only done a few AG cream ales, but why not try Jamil's recipe? He's definitely an expert in recipes, and I'd trust it.

Yooper,
I'm having a hard time finding Jamil's Cream Ale Recipe. My local bookstore doesn't have it. I would have to order it, which I'm planning on. I'm kinda in a time crunch, as I want to use the yeast from my current NB Cream Ale Kit.

Cheers

Yooper,
I'm having a hard time finding Jamil's Cream Ale Recipe. My local bookstore doesn't have it. I would have to order it, which I'm planning on. I'm kinda in a time crunch, as I want to use the yeast from my current NB Cream Ale Kit.

Cheers

I can type it out- I don't think Jamil would mind.

3.3 pounds pilsner LME
3.3 pounds light LME
1.7 pounds rice syrup

Liberty 4% AAU 1 ounce 60 minutes
Liberty 4% AAU .5 ounce 1 minute

This is for a full boil, if you're doing a partial boil you'd have to increase the bittering hops a bit.

Yooper,
I would be doing a partial boil...what increase in the hops do you recommend?

Thanks much

Yooper,
One other question....is this for a 5 or 6 gallon batch?

His book says, "all of these recipes are designed to leave 6 gallons of wort in the kettle at the end of the boil. It is assumed that 5.5 gallons are transferred to the fermenter, and this will yield a full 5 gallons of beer into packaging."

I don't have it in my brewing software (I don't do extract batches) but you could just make sure that you use enough bittering hops to get you the same IBUs- about 16 IBUs for the first addition, and leave the second addition as is.

If you don't have your own software, there are free recipe calculators online, or one of us can run it for you.

Back