2 Day Brew Process

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBetz

Reaction score
With an uber busy weekend schedule comming up I'm not finding enough time to complete my typical brew process all at once.

I'm wondering if anybody has ever broken the process up into 2 seperate sessions and if they did how did it turn out, what where the pit-falls, etc.

I'm thinking of doing my mash and sparge one day. Keeping the liquid in my sealed and sanitized fermenter bucket. then the next day I would boil, cool and pitch yeast.

Any thoughts?

I did this recently and all was well. I have a pretty cold root cellar in my basement though.

i do this more commonly than not. my mo: i heat water to nearly boiling the night before, get up early in the morning and mash before the day's activity. the water is still usually pretty hot from the night before, so i can quickly get it to mash temp (saves a lot of time over starting w/cold water. after mash/sparge, i bring the wort up to 170-180F to deal w/any lacto. then i just keep it covered in the kettle and boil that night.

works fine for me.

With an uber busy weekend schedule comming up I'm not finding enough time to complete my typical brew process all at once.

I'm wondering if anybody has ever broken the process up into 2 seperate sessions and if they did how did it turn out, what where the pit-falls, etc.

I'm thinking of doing my mash and sparge one day. Keeping the liquid in my sealed and sanitized fermenter bucket. then the next day I would boil, cool and pitch yeast.

Any thoughts?

Back