Apfelwein Jugs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmer

Reaction score
I'm thinking about just putting my Apfelwein back in the plastic jugs that the apple juice came in. Has anyone else done this? I do not plan on carbing the plastic jugs.

BTW, who was it that is now offering cheap shipping on Montrochet? I thought I read somewhere that they will just put it in an envelope and charge 35 cents or whatever postage is now.

I don't think I'd want my apfelwein sitting in that cheap plastic jug for any length of time. IF you do, look at the recycle # and make sure it is a #1 Don't use anything higher.'

I just get my Montrachet when I get 1# bags of corn sugar from Austin. $7.00 to ship, but when you figure that into 20#'s of sugar and 10 packs of yeast...it's only about $0.25 per item.

After tasting my sample the other night, I'm pretty sure it won't be sitting in them long. I'm going to have to start another batch soon to get ahead...

My white house apple juice jugs have a 7 and a 5 on the bottom. Yikes. I don't even want the apple juice sitting in there much longer... Hope the Better Bottle comes in tomorrow-

I was just wondering if anyone puts their finished wines back into the one gallon glass Rossi bottle? Maybe for a big party where it will all be consumed (and put back into the workforce fermenting).. Anyone do gallon jugs of wine?

best choice uses #1 bottles. i have 2 test batchs going right now using a mixed berry and the other a pomegranate mix.

FWIW, Meijer apple juice is pastureized, not from concentrate, and is in #1 bottles

Back