Weighing out my Options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zweasel

Reaction score
By trade I'm a plastic injection mold maker / machinist and have been laid off since January. A friend of mine who also is a mold maker / machinist moved from here in Michigan to Utah three years ago. He emailed me today and said that the company he works for is looking for some mold makers / machinist. The move at this point is not the question for work I would go. But in going to Utah I have done some research, right now homebrewing it is illegal, what I was wondering is there anyone that still brew anyway out there?

Been there, done that. Utah is awesome. I was a fugitive brewer for 5 years. Don't let any Missionaries in your house unless they share a brew with you. (you will never have one in your house).

Brewing is a Class B misdemeanor. But is not pursued unless you invite the cops over to your house with the local Mormon bishop to help you pitch the yeast.

Ya gotta go where the work is and the climate in Utah rocks. 4 seasons, but dry on the humidity.

There's plenty of homebrewers in Utah, I see quite a few on the boards. EdWort, Utah is dry in every sense of the word ;)

Technically, you need a brewery license, but there is an amendment to the law being considered.

Latest posts

Back