An observation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nealie

Reaction score
Having now been homebrewing since June, and with 3 beers completed, one conditioning and another in the bucket, I had a lovely little observation tonight. I opened up my fridge and had two sixers (one LHBS kit IPA, one my recipe PM red) two remanent bottles of my first kit steam and some bottles of apfelwein. All the alcohol was made in house, by me in the past 5 or so months, and there are two more batches coming down the line. It all tastes good (some of it great, the steam is just palatable) and it's all there, right on hand, hanging out with the cheese and oj. Homebrewing is a cool hobby and it's nice to have a visible reminder of the creative powers that exist with water, malt, hops, yeast and people to mix 'em all up the right way. I apologize for waxing on this, but it's a cool thing to think about every now and then.

The best is when you start finding beer. I keg these days, and don't bottle much anymore, but when I was bottling, I would keep my bottles in those rubbermaid tubs you see at target to keep them away from light and to prevent a mess should they explode. Anywho, I was going to clean one out last night and I noticed it had some weight to it. Opened it up and sure enough there was 6 -22oz and 2 -12oz bottles of my Belgian Wit beer I made a while back. Put those bad boys in the fridge and enjoyed a couple last night. :rockin:

Back