Winexpert Spanish Tempranillo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up that kit for free a while back. I made it, but it has been sitting in a carboy for months. I need to bottle it. I am looking forward to it.

I picked up that kit for free a while back. I made it, but it has been sitting in a carboy for months. I need to bottle it. I am looking forward to it.

Oh, bottle it! It's more complex than I thought it would be, but I don't know how well it'll age. I did sulfite it, and was happy to find that it's got more depth than many of the other Winexpert kits I've done. Most are 4-6 week kits, and don't age well, but this one may age better due to the depth of flavor it has.

I'm really happy with it, and I think it'll make a very nice daily table wine.

Sounds good. I just started the harvest season last week at work. At home I have a Chardonnay I need to rack, then I can rack the Tempranillo, then I will bottle it. I am not worried about it being in glass for a while.

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Tempranillo!!!!!! Haven't seen this at my LBHS but if northern brewer has it I'm up for ordering it! My husband loves Spanish wines, particularly a good Tempranillo!

I was thinking about brewing this one as well...it came pretty recommended from LHBS. This is the one with the grape skins right?!

springmom said:
Mmmmmmmmmmm. Tempranillo!!!!!! Haven't seen this at my LBHS but if northern brewer has it I'm up for ordering it! My husband loves Spanish wines, particularly a good Tempranillo!

I just had a bottle of Tempeanillo and Greneshe blend. Very good, wouldn't mind making some!

I was thinking about brewing this one as well...it came pretty recommended from LHBS. This is the one with the grape skins right?!

My kit didn't have grape skins. It's a 4-week kit.

I just racked it to the secondary today. Instructions say that at 5-7 days it should be below 1.010 sg. On day 5 (yesterday) it was at 1.002 and today it was 0.998 (day 6). So there is not a lot of activity happening in it anymore, and it's just going to hang out in the secondary for a minimum of 10 days. Had a taste today and it's going to be lovely.

Back