Cleaning beer line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoNothing

Reaction score
I kegged my first brew, YAY.

I hooked it up to my CO2 tank and let it sit on pressure for a while and I wanted to taste it and see if it was ready for serving yet. Its not, but thats not the point of this.

Now I have a beer line full of beer, and cant clean it since I dont have a space keg to send sanitizer though. So, is there anyway without removing the hose from the ends of the line to clean it? Or removing the line would be fine if I knew how? Its not a screw type hose clamp, I dont know what it is to google how to take it off, its got little bumps on it...

Hope I gave enough info for some help :)

Do you have a black plastic "cobra" or picnic tap? If you do, the top part unscrews. Then, the quick disconnect (on the OUT post) on the line comes apart, too. See where the line is on the top of the QD? A screwdriver (flat head) fits in there and that all comes apart. Then you run hot water/sanitizer right through the line and out the open cobra tap.

Warning- there are about 4 little tiny parts in that QD, including a little black oring. Watch how you take it apart and put it back together the same way!

Back