Global Warming is Killing Me !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gresc

Reaction score
OK ; out of kegerator space so I need to put the kegs in the garage, force carb and bottle a six at a time (yup from the Keg). It should be a happy 42 degrees in Southern NY.

I'm outside in my shorts and it's north of 70 degrees and I don't have a chance in hell in carbing these kegs. The whole bloody month has been balmy.

:mad:

We've enjoyed nice weather all month and today I woke up to 34 degrees. I just put a six pack of Widmers Snow Plow outside to chill.

It's up to 39 degrees now. Got a fire going in the fireplace. Whoo Hooo

It has been above average ~65% of the time this year.
I think we might be 20+ straight days above average.

It will be 78 today.

It might drop below average on Sunday.

10* this moring at 4am. No real snow as of yet, but it's coming.

EdWort said:
I just put a six pack of Widmers Snow Plow outside to chill.

That stuff is great. Silky smooth milk stout that's like desert in a bottle.

Just doesn't seem right. Cold in the south, warm in the north except where I'm at. It's just above freezing right now. I don't mind the cold weather a bit though at least for now.

If I had a pumpkin, I would say the frost was on the pumpkin this morning. Just below freezing, which is nominal.

You don't want the Snow Plow too cold, 45F is about right. With all the flap about Longshot, it should be noted that Snow Plow was the first of the Widmer Collaborator brews.

david_42 said:
You don't want the Snow Plow too cold, 45F is about right. With all the flap about Longshot, it should be noted that Snow Plow was the first of the Widmer Collaborator brews.

It warmed up to 45 degrees today. Wow, what a beer. I am so impressed. Thanks David! I had seen Snow Plow in the store last week, but when you mentioned it, I picked up a sixer based on your words.

What a lovely Milk Stout. Man, I can see how Widmer took a Gold in 2004 at the GABF with this beer.

I'm heading back to pick up a couple more six packs tomorrow.

Very Tasty!

gresc said:
OK ; out of kegerator space so I need to put the kegs in the garage, force carb and bottle a six at a time (yup from the Keg). It should be a happy 42 degrees in Southern NY.

I'm outside in my shorts and it's north of 70 degrees and I don't have a chance in hell in carbing these kegs. The whole bloody month has been balmy.

:mad:
From your comments I deduce none of them have anything to do with "global warming.

If you lived another 5000 years and lived EXACTLY where you are now the headlines on the TV would state something about "global thawing"...WTF???:confused: :confused:

skinfiddler said:
I want to know when I can plant some orange trees in my back yard. Bring it on!
Everybody here has at least one citrus tree in their backyard. I think it's a legal requirement...maybe Jerry Brown's doing.

Brewsmith said:
Citrus or Avacado, one of the two. :D

Personally, I've got a beautiful lemon tree. Most people would make lemonade...given my nature, I make limoncello. :D

Oh yeah, I've got a fig tree too. Can you make booze from figs?

mrkristofo said:
There is no snow in the Wasatch. Imagine Utah without skiing. My homebrew supplies are rapidly declining...

Ahh yes, I used to head up to Sundance in the winter. Great place if you could get up the hill.

Your snow went to the Alps this year. They have so much they opened up the runs & ski lifts early this year.

BlindLemonLars said:
Personally, I've got a beautiful lemon tree. Most people would make lemonade...given my nature, I make limoncello. :D

Oh yeah, I've got a fig tree too. Can you make booze from figs?

My man! I don't know if there is fig liquor, but I'm sure there could be. ;)

It's funny, TG day was the first freeze we've had since, I dunno, January. Even then, the daily high came up over the mid 60s. Looking at low 20s and below tonight.

Back