best liquid malt extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it. No problems. But I also partial mash, and I think that increases the FAN (Free Amino Nitrogen) which helps with yeast health.

Briess make excellent products, many commercial breweries depend on them. While I have never used their extract, I wouldn't hesitate to use anything they produced.

I've been using lme, dme and specialty grains from Briess and can attest that their products are very high quality. I also happen to know that goose islands brew pubs here in Chicago are almost exclusively Briess malts.

I have to agree. My wife used briess malts before & they worked flawlessly. Even cooper's plain malt extracts work pretty well.

I've had success with Coopers, Briess, Munton and Fison, Alexander....it comes down to your techniques and attention to detail - nothing complicated, good sanitation, temp control on fermentation and patience.

I'm convinced you can make good beer out of all of them as long as they are somewhat fresh....tho' I've heard of guys using cans that are years old and having good results

I did that once,unknowingly. I got home with my latest haul,only to find the can was from June 2009! It made a darker beer like a Salvator doppel bock. But it was darn good ale. So they can work pretty well.

Back