Priority Mail

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superjunior specifically stated it was "beers" being shipped. That is illegal via USPS. Shipped via Fed Ex or UPS is simply "Against code".

Also, in the picture you cannot see the shattered bottle? It's right on top...

As for the illegal side of things, he just gave me the *wink wink*. To each their own.
OK. I’ll be the one to say it. That packaging job sucks. Shipping it was a crapshoot. UPS or FedEx could have done the same thing. There's a tutorial on here somewhere. Someone should read it.

And I have to agree with remilard. It’s not “to each their own.” I wouldn’t want a package that breaks federal laws coming to my house just because someone’s to inconsiderate to use UPS or FedEx.

Sorry guys I didn't read close enough. Yup, bad idea breaking the law. But I can't really make out what is/was in the package. Looks likea dark mass of something.

ups for the reliability. fedex for customer service but unreliable because of contracted drivers vs union. usps, horrible tracking system, unreliable.
Contracted drivers(owner drivers) are only in FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delievery services, Express drivers are employees of the Corparation. I will agree when it comes to those two segments of the company the service isnt what you get from the Express side but still is better than most. I wont bore you as to why this is since this is a beer forum rather than a delivery service forum, but I know as a employee of the company I do take the utmost care and reliability to the next level for all my customers.

I work in shipping and I have a couple of points to this. it's not a bad deal as long as it fits in the two size boxes they want you to use. The post office is trying really hard to be right up there with the big kids since traditional mail is on the out. On the other hand, I can't trust the post office worth anything. BUT, they are starting to use fedex to move the stuff across the country.
True FedEx has been moving their freight for a number of years now at a substantial profit I might add.

Back