Any way to open pressure gauge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewit2it

Reaction score
I have a regulator for my kegging setup that is the 2 gauge type, high pressure for tank and low pressure for keg. The low pressure was damaged in shipping so the face got bent. The seller sent me a new low pressure gauge but I am a little reluctant to unscrew the old one and put on the new one because worry that it might leak and at 20 a pop would hate to lose my CO2.

So what Im wondering is, is there a way to take off the cover or crystal using a watch analogy. It looks like the gauge would work fine if I could just straighten the face. I removed the 2 screws on the back which loosens the whole cover but has anyone ever taken the 2 pieces apart and if so does it unscrew or do I just pry them apart?

The face on some gauges just unscrew. Others are snap-fit. If yours is neither of these, I would recommend replacing with the known-good gauge. So long as you make sure the threads are clean and add 2-3 rounds of teflon tape, you shouldn't have a sealing issue.

The face on some gauges just unscrew. Others are snap-fit. If yours is neither of these, I would recommend replacing with the known-good gauge. So long as you make sure the threads are clean and add 2-3 rounds of teflon tape, you shouldn't have a sealing issue.

Hi, thanks, mine (from Kegconnections) have the pry off face. It was a ***** to get it off though. I found a small gap and pryed at it from the side/back with a small screwdriver. I kind of jacked up the case and didn't get it off that way anyway. I eventually used a larger flat head screwdriver and put it between the platic "crystal" and face from the front and pushed down on the handle figuring I'd probably break something but it came off and didn't break so I was able to repair it but it doesn't look the best now.

Latest posts

Back