What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. Its company wide but its about 11% of the workforce and this is after posted record earnings and profits. Fun.

Schlumberger just did the same, sucky. Good luck.

Just found out my kettle and burner should be delivered Thursday! Not bad for free, no rush shipping :D

Gaaah so excited, it's the only thing getting me through Hell week.

Awesome. You going with the traditional 3 vessel all grain or BIAB?

Err.. I guess its three vessel? I was doing BIAB partial mash, loved it.. but I got a 10 gal. igloo mash tun for xmas. So I guess mash in that, sparge to new 16 gal. kettle? It should make sense once I have everything, I think.

Coffee. Wife says my beer keeps scaring the cat when the blowoff tube forces a bubble through. The day is mine.

Schlumberger just did the same, sucky. Good luck.

Just found out my kettle and burner should be delivered Thursday! Not bad for free, no rush shipping :D

Gaaah so excited, it's the only thing getting me through Hell week.

If I ever get around to ordering my burners I will join you in the "first AG brew" category! Have everything else but I procrastinate a lot.

Err.. I guess its three vessel? I was doing BIAB partial mash, loved it.. but I got a 10 gal. igloo mash tun for xmas. So I guess mash in that, sparge to new 16 gal. kettle? It should make sense once I have everything, I think.

Coffee. Wife says my beer keeps scaring the cat when the blowoff tube forces a bubble through. The day is mine.

Yep - Igloo = mash tun; 16 gal. pot = brew kettle; old brew pot = hot liquor tank

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 2015 Hoppy Lager

It's awful. I'm seriously questioning the high ratings I've seen for it. Glad this is a one and done.

Water.
Should've went to work today and just pushed through the pain in my hand. Would've been better than being home. Can't even freakin be at home sick or with an injury without being made to feel guilty about doing nothing from the wife with subtle and not so subtle comments throughout the day. I need a beer.

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp 2015 Hoppy Lager

It's awful. I'm seriously questioning the high ratings I've seen for it. Glad this is a one and done.

I am with you on this. I mean it is drinkable, but I did not want another. Different strokes for different folks , I suppose.

I am pounding the water, getting back into "ultimate beast gym mode".

I saw Enjoy By 12.26.14 at one of my local beer spots. Fml.

It does and it works 60% of the time all the time! :rockin:

Well heard my company is laying off 7,000 people. Great. hope I still have a job after all of this..
That is a terrible thing to hear. When it happened at my company, it was 90% of the workforce. I was left with a few then it was down to 2%. I was fortunate overall, but no work was done for quite some time. It was next to impossible to concentrate.
I hope you come out on top.

All done. Love this setup. Have to do some minor things like build a small shelf on the bottom of the fridge along with running the gas and beer lines nice and neat.
View attachment 250104

Having another pull of Tical.

View attachment 250105

The nitro tap will be installed soon on the freezer side.
So you have 4 taps there, do you have something else with more taps or is this what you've been building all along?

Water. Coke with lunch.

That is a terrible thing to hear. When it happened at my company, it was 90% of the workforce. I was left with a few then it was down to 2%. I was fortunate overall, but no work was done for quite some time. It was next to impossible to concentrate.

I hope you come out on top.

So you have 4 taps there, do you have something else with more taps or is this what you've been building all along?

Water. Coke with lunch.

I built this starting yesterday afternoon. 4 taps on the fridge (right) side. And I'm getting equipment for a nitro setup on the freezer side (left).

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1421783639.583753.jpg

Let me know when you're arriving. Booooom.

I love how that Modern Times can looks. I wish I could get that here, I'd try that in a second.

One more water. Beer in ~45 min.

Any tri-state area alchies entering anything in Homebrew Alley this year?

Yeah, I'm entering my imperial flanders red both in 23A and 17B since it's virtually impossible to tell it's imperialized. I feel like it won't be distinctive enough to do well in 23A, but has a pretty good shot at medaling in 17B despite it being out of style. I'll also be down there judging that weekend.

Back