What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EZ drinking for 8.2%, measuring grains for tomorrow morning.

IMG_3213.jpg

View attachment 202674 evil twin imperial biscotti break. It is freaking awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That sounds good. Got one of those and a natale in the basement. Maybe for father's day or my bday I'll open one.

I love kids, but I can't stand kid birthday parties unless they're my own kids' parties.

Unless they're kids bday parties like at my house, where adults can consume alcohol!

Went to my daughter's t-ball game tonight. Had a curmudgeon before leaving, a dirt wolf, then two nugget nectars at the game (in a steel water bottle as drinking is frowned upon). Now home and onto another dirt wolf. And yes, she connected on that pitch! That's my little girl! :D

Attachments

• 1401500002142.jpg
    1401500002142.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 1401500018965.jpg
    1401500018965.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 1401500031883.jpg
    1401500031883.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 1401500049926.jpg
    1401500049926.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 65
That's what I was scared of. Maybe I'll need to buy a 6 of Founders Porter or something. Was considering using time if the Boulevard bottles I have but thought the size if that beer might have the yeast pretty stressed.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Just doing it for funsies? Or are you trying to get a particular yeast? Lots of people culture Bells yeast.

Hop Savant here. Dregs went in with the Surette dregs from last weekend. Gotta make some more starter wort to feed em.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401500383.800851.jpg

Remmy's porter heavy blend. A beer this beautiful deserves to be photographed with some flowers!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401500672.328132.jpg
And my centennial's are kicking ass.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401500711.387525.jpg

Just doing it for funsies? Or are you trying to get a particular yeast? Lots of people culture Bells yeast.

Hop Savant here. Dregs went in with the Surette dregs from last weekend. Gotta make some more starter wort to feed em.

View attachment 202713

Funny thing is I've been saying that's what I'm going to do for an IPA. I am just thinking of something that a commercial brewery makes a good stout with...for my Christmas beer. I hear Bells uses the same yeast for all ales. Is that true of a Expedition and other stouts ? If so, maybe I'll do it with Oberon?

And still drinking Norm.

BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde Ale. Taste's great but has a very slight chill haze. I can read the words on my computer screen through it but it's not crystal clear. I think I'm going to try cold crashing and gelatin on my next beer (that isn't a stout or porter).

This is a tasty beer, but I'm beginning to think that Lagunitas uses the same hop schedule in every beer they make. They all taste and smell identical as far as hops go.

P1010415.jpg

Funny thing is I've been saying that's what I'm going to do for an IPA. I am just thinking of something that a commercial brewery makes a good stout with...for my Christmas beer. I hear Bells uses the same yeast for all ales. Is that true of a Expedition and other stouts ? If so, maybe I'll do it with Oberon?

And still drinking Norm.

I asked the bartender about that when I was there last week. He said as far as he knows its only a few strains they use and one is used for most stuff but didn't say which ones. I'd imagine for the flagships like Oberon, Two Hearted and yeah possibly Kzoo Stout.
I'm having another triple berry skeeter.... aaaaaaaand I may be leaning towards drunk lol

1401502088284.jpg

I asked the bartender about that when I was there last week. He said as far as he knows its only a few strains they use and one is used for most stuff but didn't say which ones. I'd imagine for the flagships like Oberon, Two Hearted and yeah possibly Kzoo Stout.
I'm having another triple berry skeeter.... aaaaaaaand I may be leaning towards drunk lol

Speaking of leaning, having another nugget nectar.

1401502621424.jpg

Remmy's porter heavy blend. A beer this beautiful deserves to be photographed with some flowers!
View attachment 202715
And my centennial's are kicking ass.
View attachment 202717

My centennial is growing good as well. It has about 4 shoots and it's a nice bright green and growing pretty quick. My columbus is another story. It only has 2 shoots, it's about half the size, and it's a dark green. Not sure if it's just the climate or what.

drinking more White Rajah while listening to The Smiths, kind of a guilty pleasure of mine :( from listening to the song Asleep. I may go sit in my car in the garage with the motor running.

drinking more White Rajah while listening to The Smiths, kind of a guilty pleasure of mine :( from listening to the song Asleep. I may go sit in my car in the garage with the motor running.

Hahaha...I reluctantly admit to having a few Smiths tunes in my iTune library. Morrisey is either insane or genius.

Hahaha...I reluctantly admit to having a few Smiths tunes in my iTune library. Morrisey is either insane or genius.

You are both now dead to me lol

Latest posts

Back