English Mild Recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zplug123

Reaction score
Why is it rather difficult to find a good all-grain recipe for English Pale or Dark Mild? This month's Zymurgy has articles exclusively about the style, but most of what I see people liking are ESBs and Brown Ale when English comes to mind.

I'm all for brewing an everyday session beer, someone help me out of this please

9.25 lb Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 77.08 %
1.25 lb Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 10.42 %
1.00 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 8.33 %
0.50 lb Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 4.17 %
1.13 oz Cluster [7.80 %] (60 min) Hops 16.7 IBU
2 Pkgs Windsor Yeast (Lallemand #-) Yeast-Ale

This was for 10 gallons, I hit 87 % efficiency. It super light and refreshing with a rich roasty flavor. It disappears from my glass, I think it evaporates or something. OG was 1.035 and FG was 1.006. I ran the mash for almost three hours starting at 152 ( I watched a soccer match).

Thanks for the info guys, I'll definitely try the Mild Mannered Ale next time and tell y'all how it goes. As for the recipe that bbrim offered, I do 5 gallon batches so should I just cut the grain and hop bill in half to achieve the same results?

Yes. My recipe is very close to his, you can go either way. I like how light the body is on mine, if you're looking for that and go with Orfy's recipe just mash longer.

Back