Kegerator Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmgeahan

Reaction score
So I've reached the point in my homebrew experience where I want to build my own kegerator. Really, I just want to stop bottling, and kegs lead to kegerators.

I've read lots of descriptions of how people built their kegerators, and I think I've got a decent handle on the experience. Most of the good build documents I've seen reference refrigerator models that are no longer sold(i.e., the Sanyo 4912 and such).

Can anyone recommend a good current refrigerator that'll hold two Corny kegs and a 5-10lb bottle of CO2? I plan to put a draft tower in, as well, so one that's got space for it on top is a must.

Can anyone recommend something currently available? Thanks!

Sanyo sells a 4912M that also works great. I just picked one up at a local electronics megastore for $189. I followed the plans that I found online, took the tower and tank from my old Haier kegerator that just died, and I was in business. I upscaled it a bit by adding a solid wood top that I stained to the top of the unit and the metal rail that was on the Haier. It will fit 2 cornies and a 5 lb CO2 tank.

Have you considered buying a deep freeze? They make relatively small ones - all you need after that is a temperature controller ($60 for analog, $120 for digital) and you have a kegerator with temp options!

I like the lock on this one, it keeps the door closed nice and tight. If you go with another brand add a clasp, it helps. Also, I like to keep my CO2 outside the mini fridge, just drill a hole and add a gasket for the hosing to pass thru the side or back panel. The valves and dials take up valuable space and I like to keep a few 12 or 22 oz bottles in here for tastings.
have fun!

Back