Break-up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scruffy1207

Reaction score
I just broke up with my first gf of 2 1/2 years. I have mixed feelings about what I did, but I think that's only because she was my first gf. What do I do now?

I just broke up with my first gf of 2 1/2 years. I have mixed feelings about what I did, but I think that's only because she was my first gf. What do I do now?

Dear God...I had the same feelings about my first girlfriend, but I went out, kept busy and realized there was so much in life I had not explored....fast forward a life time, and I still love and miss my first girlfriend but wouldn't change it for the world!
In the future I was able to take my mistakes/her mistakes and apply them to future relationships....I am not sure if I have found my soul mate, but I am sure that if I died today...I loved, Lived, felt pain and would do it all again...so relax and think it through and either move on or beg for forgiveness!

The best way to get over a girl is to get under one.

No, for real. It's the truth. Pinky Swear.

Our boy Scruffy is hurtin guys...show some love! But I do agree, the love of another Women will make you forget about what you said goodbye too!

That's what I was thinking before, I was fed up with the nagging, now I just kind of feel like I'm missing something, she did nag a lot but I did get a little too upset sometimes, I dunno.

+1, The faster you jump into something new. The quicker you realize it is not the end of the world. Keep yourself busy, try something/someone new and do anything you couldnt do while you two were an item,

SD-SLIM said:
Dear God...I had the same feelings about my first girlfriend, but I went out, kept busy and realized there was so much in life I had not explored....fast forward a life time, and I still love and miss my first girlfriend but wouldn't change it for the world!
In the future I was able to take my mistakes/her mistakes and apply them to future relationships....I am not sure if I have found my soul mate, but I am sure that if I died today...I loved, Lived, felt pain and would do it all again...so relax and think it through and either move on or beg for forgiveness!

Quoted for troof

Met my wife while livin it up a year after breaking up with my gf of 3 years. I wasn't even looking for another relationship, was just enjoying being young and single, then BAM, I'm married.

Life's too short to dwell on the past. Keep moving forward and you'll have no regrets

Sometimes you don't know how unhappy you are until you're out of that situation. Time heals all wounds

:mug:I broke up with my "first" after 1 year. Looking back, she was playing me with my best friend among others. After taking some time off I "played the field" and met my sole mate. I have been with current SWMBO for over 8 years. Only thing that is holding us back from engagement is finances.... she deserves the world I only make enough to afford a small country. HAHA. Head up... have fun... drink lots... try everything... base all experiences on emptiness.... embrace friends.... enjoy freedom.... look for your "sole mate". Good luck!!

The best way to get over a girl is to get under one.

No, for real. It's the truth. Pinky Swear.

+1 rebound sex does wonders for forgetting an ex. Find your self a nice brew pub, go hang out, find a chic that is in to good beer, and go from there. A good opener would be something like, i see you enjoy good craft beer, i my self am a home brewer.

You're going to find something better. I went through a string of 4 crazy ex girlfriends in a row. The last one took the cake because she has three personalities that I know of, she might have more. I had never even thought about striking a woman out of anger before I met this chick, but this ***** almost got her teeth knocked down her throat. Anyway after about 8 months I left her and I was pretty much done with women. I intended on being single the rest of my life. It had been a while since I had a long term relationship, so I felt a little empty because of it, but I just went about my life.

When I quit looking for a relationship along came this chick with the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. She had an amazing personality and these eyes that were mesmerizing (can you tell eyes really do it for me?). The morning after I met this chick I called my mom and told her I met the woman I was going to marry. 1 1/2 years later the chick with the amazing eyes was my ex girlfriend because we had gotten married.

Life goes on. You're now wiser about relationships and you'll learn more once you're in your next relationship. Eventually you're going to meet that person that isn't just someone you could live with, but someone you can't live without.

You're going to find something better. I went through a string of 4 crazy ex girlfriends in a row. The last one took the cake because she has three personalities that I know of, she might have more. I had never even thought about striking a woman out of anger before I met this chick, but this ***** almost got her teeth knocked down her throat. Anyway after about 8 months I left her and I was pretty much done with women. I intended on being single the rest of my life. It had been a while since I had a long term relationship, so I felt a little empty because of it, but I just went about my life.

When I quit looking for a relationship along came this chick with the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. She had an amazing personality and these eyes that were mesmerizing (can you tell eyes really do it for me?). The morning after I met this chick I called my mom and told her I met the woman I was going to marry. 1 1/2 years later the chick with the amazing eyes was my ex girlfriend because we had gotten married.

Life goes on. You're now wiser about relationships and you'll learn more once you're in your next relationship. Eventually you're going to meet that person that isn't just someone you could live with, but someone you can't live without.

That was beautiful...you lucky bastard!

Oh yeah and one more thing. You are going to have a chance to sleep with the ex. It is always a bad idea, but you will probably do it anyway.

........ I did.

hoppymonkey said:
Oh yeah and one more thing. You are going to have a chance to sleep with the ex. It is always a bad idea, but you will probably do it anyway.

........ I did.

We all do it...

What do you do now? Enjoy the rest of your life. There are as many roads as you choose to travel on. Enjoy the ride.

I hope this has something to do with bacon. Bacon cheers me up.

Sadly it has nothing at all to do with Bacon. The Term "Pigging" means go find a overweight woman that you normally would not sleep with and "pork her". Not exactly what i would do but it works for some i guess.

The trick that has always worked for me when I break up with a girl and have second thoughts about it is to remember and focus on the reasons why you broke up. Of course you're going to have times when your lonely and you might think you made a mistake, but if you remind yourself of all the fights, stress, and general bad-times, then you'll realize you did the right thing.

Also, going out and having a good time is a great way to keep your mind off the ex. You don't necessarily have to chase after a ton of new girls either. Reconnect with friends that you haven't hung out with in a while. Spend more time getting stuff done that you personally enjoy. And when you do hook up with a new girl, don't let your loneliness get the best of you. Play it cool and don't get attached to another one too quickly. If you do that, you'll just be settling because you don't want to be alone.

Vance71975 said:
Sadly it has nothing at all to do with Bacon. The Term "Pigging" means go find a overweight woman that you normally would not sleep with and "pork her". Not exactly what i would do but it works for some i guess.

The first and last time I slept with a overweight woman, she bit down on "little scruff" rather hard. Enough for marks to appear. So I'll be skipping this route

DregAddict said:
The trick that has always worked for me when I break up with a girl and have second thoughts about it is to remember and focus on the reasons why you broke up. Of course you're going to have times when your lonely and you might think you made a mistake, but if you remind yourself of all the fights, stress, and general bad-times, then you'll realize you did the right thing.

Also, going out and having a good time is a great way to keep your mind off the ex. You don't necessarily have to chase after a ton of new girls either. Reconnect with friends that you haven't hung out with in a while. Spend more time getting stuff done that you personally enjoy. And when you do hook up with a new girl, don't let your loneliness get the best of you. Play it cool and don't get attached to another one too quickly. If you do that, you'll just be settling because you don't want to be alone.

Good advice. Thank you.

This! The human brain is hardwired to forget the bad things and remember all the good things. Which is why women will be ready to kill you for all the pain you inflicted upon her in the middle of childbirth, but be ready to push out another one as soon as possible.

They say that there are plenty of fish in the sea.... It's true. Date other women, don't just get them in bed. Learn about them and in the process you'll learn about yourself. Find out what you like about them the most, and make a list of the things you absolutely refuse to deal with. But most of all, be true to yourself. Don't be afraid to get hurt and you will find yourself some real happiness.

Good luck brewing brother. Keep an open mind and you'll find your match.

And don't sleep with the ex. It's ALWAYS a bad idea. Especially if you're drunk and "unprotected".

This! The human brain is hardwired to forget the bad things and remember all the good things. Which is why women will be ready to kill you for all the pain you inflicted upon her in the middle of childbirth, but be ready to push out another one as soon as possible.

They say that there are plenty of fish in the sea.... It's true. Date other women, don't just get them in bed. Learn about them and in the process you'll learn about yourself. Find out what you like about them the most, and make a list of the things you absolutely refuse to deal with. But most of all, be true to yourself. Don't be afraid to get hurt and you will find yourself some real happiness.

Good luck brewing brother. Keep an open mind and you'll find your match.

And don't sleep with the ex. It's ALWAYS a bad idea. Especially if you're drunk and "unprotected".
Great Advice man!:mug:

Get drunk.
Get a new girlfriend.
Get drunk at a NV brothel :ban:

Wait, you're in CA... I'm pretty sure CA has some really nice tittie/nude bars, find one that has great looking babes dancing & serving better beer! :tank:

You obviously had a reason to break up with her. It's human nature to forget about the bad and remember the good times.

Don't forget your reasons.

I think the best way to live is to not worry about finding someone. Be yourself, do your thing, and someone will come along.

That is, if you shower regularly...

You dodged a bullet. Now is the chance do all those things you thought about while with her such as "I never had sex with a black chick!" "I never had sex with an asian chick!" "I never had sex with a midget chick!" "I never had sex with a "whatever floats your boat" chick!" Start crossing that list off because you never know when the one will come along and your chances are over :mug:

Back