Anyone make an Election Beer today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rumblebelly

Reaction score
I celebrated Election Day by making beer. I decided to name this beer Obama Ale. Ironically, it's an English Pale Ale (not intentional o'course).
:drunk:

I saw no reason to celebrate.

i am likely going to make a beer this weekend.

i think i shall call it....... "MOURNING BEER"

Yah I brewed an Amber, tried just right to get that Obama skin tone around 40 L, lol

I did indeed. My first Batch ever! Obamas' Brown... Everything went smoothly thansk to this site, finished just in time to see McCain's speech. She was spittin out Krausen like crazy when I left this Morning. OG was around 1.047. Although the sampel tasted bitter, hopefully it'll clean up itself.

I debated making a BALDWINter wheat, with some nice spices, but I didn't have time so I worked on adding the ball valve to my MLT instead.

don't forget, under Obama's plan the government will come to your house, take your Obama beer, and give it to someone who is too lazy to make it for themselves......gotta spread the wealth around!

In honor of all the folks that think everything around them is collapsing, including the sky, I just might have to work up a recipe for "We're All Gonna Die-PA"

TL

I didn't make a brew, but I will have a pint of bitter in honour of my republican friends. :)

:mug:

I'm a bit ashamed of how hard I laughed watching FOX News last night.

This doesn't sound like a half-bad idea... although I'm too dim to come up with a cool name.

don't forget, under Obama's plan the government will come to your house, take your Obama beer, and give it to someone who is too lazy to make it for themselves......gotta spread the wealth around!

TOO FUNNY!

unfortunately i am at work, so i had to make an excuse for my very large LOL as i read that post.

priceless.

I was going to brew a scotch ale, however I got a phone call and ended up "celebrating" til 3:30 am, rough.

I know I am a day late posting this but, I did brew to celebrate. I made a Scottish 80. I know it has no parallel to Obama but... its a damn good brew.

McCainBitter.jpg

it's too late now, but it would have been cool to brew a celebration beer on election day that would be ready to drink on inauguration day. maybe i'll brew one this weekend, any style suggestions? maybe something big that needs 10-12 weeks to finish.

it's too late now, but it would have been cool to brew a celebration beer on election day that would be ready to drink on inauguration day. maybe i'll brew one this weekend, any style suggestions? maybe something big that needs 10-12 weeks to finish.

I like that idea too. I did make a brew that we uncorked on election nite. I called it "Obama Brew"

No beer brewed but my friends and i had a great drinking game for the debates. We had to take a shot everytime we heard "maverick" or "hope." Man, you talk about getting drunk.:rockin:

I brewed an American Brown Ale, (Honestly!)

I got the recipe from Mother Earth News ..

Obama Brown (Do you think folks in VT will object to the name?)

Back