Help me RDWHAHB, AHS shipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EamusCatuli

Reaction score
So I have a bunch of ingredients from AHS for two brews that was supposed to get here on friday. They did'nt, and now that its the weekend AND labor day is on monday, im afraid that 3 days of sitting in a humid and hot warehouse that my yeasts, hops, and crushed grains are going to be done for. I did buy the ice packs, but they don't last more than a day or so I assume. Should I be worried? freaking UPS :mad:

Call them and see if they can track it for you maybe. The one thing I do like about Midwest is they use FedEx and they deliver on Saturdays too.

I, too, am waiting on a AHS shipment. 13 pounds of clover honey, Lavlin wine yeast, yeast nutrient/acid blend, and Irish moss. Yay traditional mead :drunk:

UPS says it'll be here Tuesday.

I think your crushed grains and hops will be fine, but the yeast may be a different story. I would strongly recommend that you do a starter (if you weren't going to) to make sure the yeast are still viable.

My AHS shipment will be here Tuesday as well. I do have some liquid yeast, so we'll see what happens. I'm not too worried about it....

I think your crushed grains and hops will be fine, but the yeast may be a different story. I would strongly recommend that you do a starter (if you weren't going to) to make sure the yeast are still viable.

Its all Wyeast, doesnt that stuff already have a starter in it? What do I do with it? Just as usual?

I made a starter with the last Wyeast I got. It was dead. 5 days and no fermentation.

Just smack it and pitch into your starter.

Its all Wyeast, doesnt that stuff already have a starter in it? What do I do with it? Just as usual?

Is it a smack pack? If so, just smack it 2-3 days before your brewday to see if the pack swells up. If it doesn't, then the yeast are dead. If it does, you're good to go.

So I have a bunch of ingredients from AHS for two brews that was supposed to get here on friday.

Is that what the UPS tracking system said? Normally it will say "Out for Delivery" the morning of when it is supposed to be delivered on schedule.

Was there an exception? What caused the delay?

So I have a bunch of ingredients from AHS for two brews that was supposed to get here on friday. They did'nt, and now that its the weekend AND labor day is on monday, im afraid that 3 days of sitting in a humid and hot warehouse that my yeasts, hops, and crushed grains are going to be done for. I did buy the ice packs, but they don't last more than a day or so I assume. Should I be worried? freaking UPS :mad:

They will be fine (make a STARTER). Here in south Florida it's hot all year and my stuff is always fine

So RDWandHAHB

Back