Oktoberfest Style Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsay

Reaction score
Code:
Recipe: Oktoberfest Style Ale
TYPE: Extract
Batch Size: 5.00 gal      

Estimated OG: 1.051 SG
Estimated Color: 24.8 EBC
Estimated IBU: 21.9 IBU

Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
 6.6 lbs      Amber Liquid Extract (24.6 EBC)
 8.0 oz       Caramunich Malt (110.3 EBC)
 8.0 oz       Vienna Malt (6.9 EBC)
1.00 oz       Williamette (60 min)
1.00 oz       Hallertauer (15 min)
   1 Pkg      Muntons Dry Yeast

Feel free to comment if you want, mostly I'm just testing to see if this gets entered into my recipe drop down. This is what I'll be brewing this weekend, I modified a Brewer's Best kit to this recipe because I didn't like the grains or finishing hops that it came with. This was also a test of entering a recipe into beersmith.

Since the recipe database is only for tested/proven recipes, I have to move it out to the recipe threads. The tasting notes are required for submission into the database.

It did show up under the pull down, though!

Since the recipe database is only for tested/proven recipes, I have to move it out to the recipe threads. The tasting notes are required for submission into the database.

It did show up under the pull down, though!

I plan to have my homebrew club critique it when it's done, I'll post the results here and then you can decide if it is able to be moved back. Thanks.

I'd use a German bittering hop, like Perle, and a German ale yeast like Wyeast 1007/1338 or White Labs WLP029.

Back