problem with fitting and valve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barrog

Reaction score
I was cleaning my keg lastnight and the poppet valve on both the in and out fitting came out. I tried to put them back but they just fall back out. Is there a way to put them back or are they junk now?

As long as they are not broken they should work. Try a bit of keg lube to help them stick at the top of the poppet. Or you could hold the post upside down, place the poppet in position and have the keg upside down while you screw it on. Gravity can be your friend on this!

I was cleaning my keg lastnight and the poppet valve on both the in and out fitting came out. I tried to put them back but they just fall back out. Is there a way to put them back or are they junk now?

The poppits go inside, at the top. Then, you screw them back on. Here's a picture, of them inside: http://www.northernbrewer.com/pics/fullsize/keg-posts.jpg

They do fall out when you're cleaning them, but then you put them back in, and screw the assembly back down, and they stay put.

wow thanks for the fast replys!! I thought that they were pressed in or somethiing like that because my other kegs valves stayed put. I'll try this tonight and make sure they hold presser. Thanks again.

wow thanks for the fast replys!! I thought that they were pressed in or somethiing like that because my other kegs valves stayed put. I'll try this tonight and make sure they hold presser. Thanks again.

All of mine come out (and good thing, too, because they've been disgustly gross with hop debris at times) and they are cleaned and go back just as easy. If I have trouble popping them out (due to beer sludge or something), I just use the tip of a spoon and pop them out that way.

In pinlock kegs at least, the 3 prongs do provide a force fit that holds the poppet into the post. I've seen the loose-fit style in ball locks but they seem to work fine when it's tightened down.

Back