Your first time using a swing capper....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCH

Reaction score
Did you have any bottles that didn't carbonate???

In the next week or so, I will be bottling a batch with a swing capper I got from Mr. Beer.com. I've practiced with it, but am not sure if my seals are good each time.

Anyway of knowing or should I just buy a bench capper and not worry???

well, if you want to know about your seals then fill a bottle with water, cap, and turn upside down! if you get it on there straight, which its hard not to, then you'll be fine. You'll feel it when it doesnt seal properly.

well, if you want to know about your seals then fill a bottle with water, cap, and turn upside down! if you get it on there straight, which its hard not to, then you'll be fine. You'll feel it when it doesnt seal properly.

Thanks for the quick response.

My first batch I bottled in PET bottles so I didn't worry much. And honestly, I'm not too worried about this next batch mainly because its another Mr. Beer kit. But my next batch will be a full boil.

I'm lucking out and getting the majority of the equipment to do a full boil free. So the money I've set aside for the equipment will be spent on something else. Just making sure if I should spend it on a bench capper or not.

Back