Hi everyone, especially all the Female Brewers out there!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilliumstargazer

Reaction score
Hey everybody!

I created this account a while ago when I downloaded the app on my phone, but have pretty much ignored it since. So now I am officially here to introduce myself and join the community!

I am a newish brewer myself, only been doing it for a little over a year, but love every step! I am currently oak aging a beer for the very first time, and cannot wait to try it! Am I crazy for checking the prices on a whiskey barrel to age batches in in the future?!? I like serious beers, personally. I am most proud of my recent creation, Morning in Moscow. It's a russian imperial stout that I made with espresso and cocoa powder. Delicious!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. Now I will poke around the site a bit more.

Cheers!

Welcome. The stout sounds fantastic. I have hard water here and it seems to do better with dark beers and stouts. I think the best i ever made was a chocolate/coffee stout. Was sad to see the bottom of the last one of those.

Alan

Hello fellow LadyBrewer! That sounds like an awesome beer!!
(oi... guess I better introduce myself ... XP )

How many gal brewers here? I've seen a few while drinking a beer. Us men make this a mansight... at least we think we are right. But girls like Yooper our matriarch. Reminds us guys we don't make everything start. We brew thats true but need some help. To keep us out of the devils stout. (what?) So don't listen to that last sentence please. Man or Woman... we all brew as we please! :rockin:

Lilliumstargazer welcome to this thread.. I'm a bit drunk or would have better well said. You are quite happily accepted to these threads. So have fun on this brewsite. Don't know about you but I sometimes post into the night. My ego says that's out of sight.. What is up with my rhyming kick? And to a new member I've sent. Words that don't make a whole lot of sense. Somebody just shoot me, my words are a pretense. Pretense Dan? Don't you have a plan.. no you're just drunk.. Stop writing this stuff.

How many gal brewers here? I've seen a few while drinking a beer. Us men make this a mansight... at least we think we are right. But girls like Yooper our matriarch. Reminds us guys we don't make everything start. We brew thats true but need some help. To keep us out of the devils stout. (what?) So don't listen to that last sentence please. Man or Woman... we all brew as we please! :rockin:

Lilliumstargazer welcome to this thread.. I'm a bit drunk or would have better well said. You are quite happily accepted to these threads. So have fun on this brewsite. Don't know about you but I sometimes post into the night. My ego says that's out of sight.. What is up with my rhyming kick? And to a new member I've sent. Words that don't make a whole lot of sense. Somebody just shoot me, my words are a pretense. Pretense Dan? Don't you have a plan.. no you're just drunk.. Stop writing this stuff.

I can't top that. But welcome anyway! :D

On behalf of the other women on this site, thanks for the support, and thanks to Yooper for nipping this nonsense in the bud. Now on to brewing better beer:mug:
Susie

So what's up next on the brew schedule SusieBrew? Your Russion Imperial Stout sounds pretty interesting. Care to share the recipe? :mug:

Hi, Dan;
Too new to try an Imperial Stout. I think I'll get my first AG under my belt first. That may be Yuri_Rage's Thunderstruck Pumpkin Ale. It's gotten great reviews.
Susie

Oops. Sorry Susie. I was thinking of the OP's first post. My attention to detail is lacking. Not good for a brewer.

Pumkin Ale sounds like a great brew to go for though!

I've always been curious about how the demographics of the hobby break down, but I think it would serve to divide us unnecessarily. Welcome aboard Susie.

God Im so tired. I was 2 or three posts into this thinking "brewing female what?" But yeah, I should have realized that women brewing beer made a whole lot more sense than brewers brewing females.

Derp.

Wow! I am sorry I missed all of this! I guess that's what happens when I hint at bewbs to a bunch of guys with easy access to beer! I'm used to it, certainly not the worst I've heard.

Anyway, Morning in Moscow is delicious. I will share the recipe when I figure out how. The exciting news is that my hubby-to-be got me a fermenting fridge and a temperature control. So now I am making my very first pilsner.

It is nice to meet you all!

To me, this thread is about good people not bad. If it weren't I'd be really sad. There were two off topic commits Yooper nipped in the bud. If she didn't see it HBT would of. Yoopers a good person an I aint rehersing. To the OP and SusieBrew; girls there is no brew you can not do!

No brew that you CANnot do... but maybe a few that no one SHOULD do ;). My advice, don't put lavender in mead. Just dont.

To me, this thread is about good people not bad. If it weren't I'd be really sad. There were two off topic commits Yooper nipped in the bud. If she didn't see it HBT would of. Yoopers a good person an I aint rehersing. To the OP and SusieBrew; girls there is no brew you can not do!

You betcha, Dan. Sheer poetry.
Susie

::phew:: oh good, I saw this build up and started thinking 'Oh poop, I'm not gonna have to hide that I'm not a dude here in order to get a straight answer, am I?' But nope. Yay to a forum with some respect.

And not to get off topic, but you say no lavender in mead... how about in beer?

::phew:: oh good, I saw this build up and started thinking 'Oh poop, I'm not gonna have to hide that I'm not a dude here in order to get a straight answer, am I?' But nope. Yay to a forum with some respect.

And not to get off topic, but you say no lavender in mead... how about in beer?

I would avoid lavender and/or pepper in any of your beers or meads. I think that...oh, wait.

Uh, hello Lavender_Pepper!

I dont know about in beer, but it requires a more skilled hand than I will ever have to use it anywhere. Whenever I've used it I've used the weest of wee amounts and wound up with soap.

You found me out! I do so enjoy lavender in confectionaries and tea, so I'm most interested in making the leap to beer with that. But I think that might be a discussion for another post. :eek:fftopic:

What happened? What did I miss? I always miss the good stuff. :(

Anyways welcome aboard all! Seems we got 3 new brewers posting in this thread? All female? Cool.

And yes, this is probably the tamest forum on the internet. It's like we're in a nest, where we can feel safe.... Ok, I'll shut up.

WELCOME!

Back