Hops harvest #'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchuklobrau

Reaction score
How has everyone done?

I have 3lbs of wet hops in the freezer.
4lbs of dried hops in the freezer.

Gave away 2lbs of dried hops
gave away 4lbs of wet hops.

total 13lbs of centennial that i harvested(left all hops from 10 plants on the bine 2 long probably had anothe 4 lbs wet there)

Still early to say, but it looks like we have about 3.5 pounds of Cascades from 4 bines and maybe 1.5 pounds of HUGE Santiams from 3 bines. The Mt. Hoods did terrible; parasitized by something that didn't even think about eating anything on the other bines. I think we will keep it as a sacrificial strain.

My mt hood is my official lure/trap hop. As the Japanese beetles destroy it, they leave my other hops alone. Having said that I didn't cut it down and it's "second growth" will be my first harvest. I may have just learned how to make this a win/win scenario for me.

I'm almost done harvesting and will report in soon. It's going to be a great year for me and I'm officially hop I independant.

Back