Home brewing topic on NPR's "On Point" on Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is my bud Randy who runs The Modern Brewer in Cambridge, MA. Great guy, very cool and smart. It will definitely be worth listening to, and if you can't listen live, you can get it on the podcast.

WBUR is having a Fund Drive currently. Is the show still going to be a 1 hour broadcast or the 30 minutes of show and 30 minutes of fundraising?

Yeah, too bad they had to have this show during the fund drive, maybe the podcast will be edited. I didn't learn much that I didn't already know from reading this forum the past 7 months, but at least it was good publicity for homebrewing.

And which listener gets quoted first, even before they go to the phones? That would be yours truly.

Mike in Hickory, NC is pretty giddy right now. Hah.

Homercidal - not sure if you can get Michigan Radio (104.1 from GR or 91.1 in Flint) up in Reed City but they broadcast OnPoint at 9PM tonight.

I'm about halfway through the podcast, and I'd say the host is perfect for this topic- he's like most people who know little to nothing about homebrewing. He's scared as all get out to get tipsy at work.

:mug: Cheers for Modern Homebrew Supply!

Those guys are awesome. Even though the store is tiny, the staff is always friendly and helpful (and they have good quality malts).

fun little podcast

I love Tom's show. He balances politics, relevant news, and culture very well. The fact that he would blend in a show on homebrewing is a testament to the variety of his broadcasts.

So, is it worth a listen?

It was a nice "fluff" piece on the hobby. A good introduction for people who didn't know we existed, or were curious about homebrewing. And a good chance for homebrewers to call in a brag about what they were doing. It obviously wasn't meant to be an in-depth "brewnerd" podcast ala Brewstrong or Basic Brewing. But it was great to hear "us" being talked about.

It may have been more fun to have been able to listen to it live rather than the stream, I may have even called in and bragged about my 50th barleywine.

Don't go into it expecting a lot of depth, but if you are doing something and put it in the background, it will be a good timekiller.

Back