Wifeyclaus has been reading the forums

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdustguy

Reaction score
It looks as if my wife has been doing some reading here. I usually spoil her at Christmas and frustrate her at the same time, because I usually don't want or need a Christmas gift. If I need something, I usually buy it and this frustrates her to no end during the holidays, because it's tuff for her to get me a gift. I guess after 31 years of marriage, she couldn't handle it anymore because this year she took matters into her own hands, and started reviewing the threads here in search of something to get me for Christmas. To make a long story short she gave me a Blichmann Therminator, Blichmann Autosparge, threaded Aeration Stone and Yeast Ranching Kit. She really surprised the hell out of me. She stared at me and said, "yes! finally! If you don't like it, tuff chit" with an arm pump.

Cool! I told my wife I needed two pumps and she could make it a xmas gift instead of me buying them, she just shook her head and walked away. Needles to say I didn't get pumps this morning and now have to order them. Only a three week setback.

I hope the wifeyclaus is readying this or looking at it , hint hint

start_001.JPG

And what did you get her?

Well lets see. I got her two new pairs of Uggs, two new winter coats, two sweaters, two pairs of jeans and an iphone. I let my fingers do the walking on the internet and thank God, everything fit. I spent my Christmas Bonus on her, but after 31 years of putting up with my bullchit, it is the very least I can do for her.

Very nice rig but I have one already. I am in the process of automating mine with a Brewtroller and I am in the middle of building the control panel.

black_dog1.jpg

The automation control panel build progress

very nice rig there, I was just hoping my wifey saw your thread, I would be happy to have anything that showed up in your thread :mug: great job!

very nice rig there, I was just hoping my wifey saw your thread, I would be happy to have anything that showed up in your thread :mug: great job!

Thank you! It looks like both of us have put our hearts and soul into our rigs. I love building and modifying the brewery almost as much as brewing with it.

Very nice rig but I have one already. I am in the process of automating mine with a Brewtroller and I am in the middle of building the control panel.

black_dog1.jpg

The automation control panel build progress

Electronics Plate 1.jpg

Electronics Plate 2.jpg

Electronics Plate 3.jpg

Electronics Plate 4.jpg

Can you pass on some specifics regarding your electronic goodies?
That must be an older brewtroller?

Thanks

Showoff. Damn, I wish I had something that fancy. Maybe I will in time, but for now, I'll settle for my new all-gravity, fly sparge rig.

BTW, Merry Christmas to the OP. My SWMBO tries to please me, but just today she gave me the go-ahead to build the basement brewpub. Best Christmas present ever.

That is an excellent gift in itself!

Can you pass on some specifics regarding your electronic goodies?
That must be an older brewtroller?

Thanks

It is a version 2.4 Brewtroller. The difference between the 2.4 and 3.1 version is the USB for which I purchased a USB-BUB. I bought two relay board kits that utilize gnd to switch the relays which make it perfect for the Brewtroller. The power supply is 12 VDC @ 6 amps and the transformer is 24 VAC for controlling two Honeywell Y8610U intermittent pilot valves. I also have a SSR that is controlled by the brewtroller for the RIMS.

Back