Label Paper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmeiske12

Reaction score
Just wanted to see where everyone orders their label paper from and if I could get higher quality paper that I could print at home where the ink won't run.

I get mine from onlinelabels.com, but they only have a select amount. I mainly buy from there because they are cheap (I just ordered 100 sheets w/ 6 labels per sheet for $25) and because I (and most of us) am printing labels themselves. I have issues with ink running when I put beer in the fridge to get cold. Just curious to see where ppl get there labels from and a ballpark what they pay for them.

I haven't printed my own labels yet but I've heard that if you print them with a standard ink jet printer they will always run. You need a laser jet, genes the reason for not printing my own labels

I was thinking of trying fixative, ever heard of it? I've used it for art paintings/drawings before to keep them from smudging. I'll give it a try and update.

http://www.labelsbythesheet.com/items/water-resistant-vinyl-labels~inkjet-/premium-water-resistant-vinyl-rect-inkjet-label/list.htm

I purchased my labels from here. I have a photo inkjet printer that I'll be using. I did a test on one sheet and they do not run at all. I submerged the sheet in water, however; there is a problem. The special coating that they use to allow the inkjet ink to be water resistant scratches off. Now, I think in everyday normal bottle transportation and use, they will be fine. BUT, they will scratch if they rub up against pointy things. A person from the store suggested that you can always spray the labels with a clear coat which will help prevent scratching.

In all honesty, I don't think that scratching will occur with normal use.

Edit: These labels are expensive, but they are vinyl.

Back