Fermentation freezer with aquarium controller.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paramecium

Reaction score
I know there isn't anything that special about the freezer but I wanted to show those that were interested. It's a normal 8.8 Kenmore but I used a Reefkeeper lite controller. You can get them from quite a few places generally for $100. It comes with a temp probe and 4 controllable outlets all pre-wired and ready to go. Right now I just have the freezer plugged in but I plan on running a heater and my stir plate on 2 of the other outlets. It was easy to set up and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a temp controller.

beer003.jpg

beer002.jpg

beer004.jpg

Yes, every outlet can be controlled separately. They can be set up to be on constantly or to trigger off of the temp sensor or even at certain times.

That controller is sweet!
It's funny that the controller, with the probe and 4-outlet box is $100 - And another 4 outlet box is $89 :D Just buy another controller!

Can you add multiple temperature probes to that thing? It would make a great multi-temperature fermenter controller if it could.

I just wish they would include the ethernet interface, instead of having to drop another $110...

Wheels are turning again :tank:

You can add another temp probe for $70 for the expansion plus the price of the probe which is $20. So you may as well buy another setup lol. The expansion does much more so you are paying for all the stuff that doesn't apply to us. It has PH and auto top off ports etc. That's why I got the basic controller that only has the temp probe and 4 outlets. It is meant to be an expandable system for reef tanks so the cost to upgrade for just another probe doesn't really make sense in our application.

http://www.marinedepot.com/Digital_Aquatics_RKM_SL_1_Module_Multi_Item_Monitors_Controllers_for_Saltwater_Aquariums-Digital_Aquatics-DA1317-FITEMOMI-vi.html

Back