Going All Grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidgerbil

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok,
So I am in the process of going all grain, AND building my brew house, so I am doing a lot of questioning and thinking about how I want things to work.

One question I have is, what is the largest grain bill that you have ever used for keggle sized batch? I got thinking about the fact that I currently own (1) five gallon rubbermaid cooler, and (3) ten gallon rubbermaid coolers. I was thinking that it might be nice to set it up where I could use more than one of the coolers for mashing a larger grain bill. Since I am planning on using a pump, I could set up one higher, have it gravity feed into the second, then pump from the second, through the heat exchanger, and back up to the top one. This would allow for using only one cooler for regular batches, and multiple coolers for high gravity beers.

Does anyone who is more experienced see any down sides to this?

never mind, found my answer in another thread...
~25# of grain in a 10 gallon rubbermaid cooler, for a 10 gallon batch with an OG of 1.060

Back