Getting Druck and ABV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is it just ABV x Quantity that gets you drunk.

I'm not sure if it is coincidence or something else but this is the second time I have drank my latest batch of Blonde Ale.

Both times I have felt very drunk after 4 pint of it. It's around 6% most of my brews are around 5 and I can drink 4 to 5 of those and not feel anything more than a slight buzz.

Maybe I've got a cold again. That's what I put it down to last time.
I cleared up last time after 30 minutes.

I've had plenty yo eat today so it's not because I'm drinking on an empty stomach.

i'd say there are a ton of variables:

the mood you are in...
the people you are with...
how much you have had to eat...
what you had to eat...
ABV of brew...
QTY of brew...
other intoxicants you've injested...
etc...

I think it has to do with you being an effing lightweight, orfman ;)

That, and all that Meth you did on your lunchbreak.

DeathBrewer said:
i'd say there are a ton of variables:

the mood you are in...
the people you are with...
how much you have had to eat...
what you had to eat...
ABV of brew...
QTY of brew...
other intoxicants you've injested...
etc...

mood.....melow
People....on my own
eat...plenty
ABv..6ish
Qty...4
other....nuffink...do do anything apart from beer
etc...???

Evan! said:
I think it has to do with you being an effing lightweight, orfman /images/smilies/wink.gif

That, and all that Meth you did on your lunchbreak.
Light wiegh. I've only been drink 20 sumfink years so am building up.
Meth? is that methylated sprit? I'd rather drink that than BMC.:drunk:

orfy said:
Light wiegh. I've only been drink 20 sumfink years so am building up.
Meth? is that methylated sprit? I'd rather drink that than BMC.:drunk:

haha. Yeah, methylated spirits. Ah, jolly ol englund. I suppose you call it something a bit more charming across the pond. Here, it's meth, or methamphetamine. Still better than BMC, even if it does this to ya...

Yah, meth (speed, when I was in college) is a problem up here. A new law was passed to restrict the makings. The results? More and better meth coming up from Mexico and all the local manufacturers going on welfare! There's a whole series of before/after pictures on that site.

I've noticed the ABV effect. My personal observation: I drink at about the same rate, regardless of the ABV (4-8% range). So, the alcohol is coming in faster at high ABVs and the old liver can't handle it.

Evan! said:
haha. Yeah, methylated spirits. Ah, jolly ol englund. I suppose you call it something a bit more charming across the pond. Here, it's meth, or methamphetamine. Still better than BMC, even if it does this to ya...

LOL - nice sheriff site there with the mouse-overs. I'm telling you, Jim Carey is doing meth :D

Back