Out of homebrew... thirsty...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
All I've got left to drink is some "meh" vanilla oatmeal stout, it really doesn't sound all that good right now when its 100 degrees out. I normally wouldn't let this happen but I moved across the country so my brewing schedule is all out of wack.
I've got another 2-3 days before I can bottle my pale ale, so with bottle conditioning I'll be out for another 1.5 weeks at LEAST!

I just wanted to share my pain...

also, any suggestions about what to buy to tide me over? I'm in Dallas TX and I'm out of money because I spent my extra cash on a new carboy/hydrometer/thermometer that broke during the move.
I'm even tempted to buy Shiner Bock

Shiner is good, true, not my favorite and I also get a lot of crap from my friends when I buy it. BUT on the plus side, it IS the only beer my GF drinks (other than the Belgin Whit i made). So it does have that going for it.

It sounds like an emergency....

If funds are truly short and you have no way of enjoying some HB, then I won't tell anybody........

Go buy a zillion-pack of PBR for 2 bucks or whatever it is selling at these days! In these circumstances, I am sure the snobs can look the other way.
:mug:

-C

As far as good Texas beer goes. I love everything that St. Arnolds makes. You should check them out.

I second Lone Star, but everywhere I buy it in the Dallas area it is as expensive as Shiner or St. Arnold.

Where do you find cheap Lone Star other than San Antonio?

I still drink keystone every once in awhile. That's what most of my friends love about me. I can school them on every aspect of beer, but I'm still willing to drink the cheap stuff. I figure if I drink keystone, I have more money to brew good beer.

I just go to the beer store on the first floor of my building and buy a bottle of something good. Today it was Three Floyds' Moloko Milk Stout. Wait, am I spoiled? :D

Seriously though, go with PBR. I won't judge. Here we have Hamms and Schlitz and I've been known to sneak in a few once the good beer's gone.

I found Anchor Steam Liberty Ale on sale at the liquor store today so I got a six pack, thats enough until I get paid on Monday. I like those bottles for home brew anyways.

Have no shame whatsoever! PBR is American brewed, and a damn good lager to boot. I love the stuff, both for its refreshing quality and the price. Also, be sure to buy the pack of 16oz cans. It's cheaper in the long run. Use the cash saved for future homebrew ventures.

I found Anchor Steam Liberty Ale on sale at the liquor store today so I got a six pack, thats enough until I get paid on Monday. I like those bottles for home brew anyways.

This is a beer I had heard all kinds of stuff about, so I figured I had to try it. I was thinking of making a california common, so I wanted to see what I was getting into. I couldn't finish the six pack.

I always liked the Anchor Steam, being a native Californian I also have some natural pride for their brewery. Hopefully its not too bad.

Stay away from the Lone Star! That sh*t is terrible IMO. Go for the Shiner with the misses. I love a drunk girlfriend, especially someone else's drunk girlfriend. :cross:

You guys are confusing me.

Anchor Steam is the California Common. Personally, I can't stand the stuff.

Anchor Liberty Ale is (depending on who you talk to) an American Pale Ale or American IPA. I really like that beer.

Latest posts

Back