What's on your beer stuff wish list?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A list about a mile long! lol number one for me would be a grainfather with the BT connect. Other than that, the normal stuff. New hydra chiller, new 15g ss kettle, hellfire burner, my own mill.

My wishlist is pretty much a complete overhaul of what I currently have. My current dream setup would involve a mini-fridge fermentation chamber that could hold two 25L jerry can style stainless (or even plastic) fermenters, a single-vessel brewstand out on the balcony with a burner, 15 gallon kettle with a ball valve, and a place to hang the BIAB bag to drain. A better quality BIAB bag. A longer, larger-bore immersion chiller with a bigger aquarium pump for pumping ice water through the chiller. A few 5-10L mini kegs. A couple hundred brown flip tops for easy bottling of half of the batch...

A list about a mile long! lol number one for me would be a grainfather with the BT connect. Other than that, the normal stuff. New hydra chiller, new 15g ss kettle, hellfire burner, my own mill.

I hear you about the long list and your own mill. Currently, I'm using a drill and an old converted coffee grinder for a mill. It does well when I condition the grain first. As for Grainfather, I think they are over priced. I'm sure the Grainfather must be great; I've heard good things about it. However, I think the Brewer's Edge Mash and Boil is more appropriately priced.

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/BREWERS-EDGE-MASH-BOIL--P4216.aspx

Brew partners that looked more like the middle instead of the beginning and end.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-OoNwHKUcM[/ame]

Kegging equipment and a 2 tap kegerator. I've been working a few times a month at a local brewery, and after learning how fast and easy kegging is, I hate bottling.

For a long time now, I've been wanting about a 10 cubic ft keezer set up with 6 to 8 taps. Right now I don't know where I'd put it though. My 4 keg beer fridge with picnic taps will have to do for a while longer.

My wishlist is pretty much a complete overhaul of what I currently have.
This!

In rough order of NOW!:

1) BrewJacket Immersion. Cautiously optimistic that SWMBO got me one for my birthday (tomorrow, as I write this)! Not the most versatile form of temp control, especially for the price, but the only reasonable method of precise temp control that I can use where I live now (only other option is a swamp cooler in the bathtub, which is fine if batch-to-batch consistency isn't desirable). Either way, it will always allow for fermentation chamber +1 fermentation.

2) JaDeD's Hydra IC chiller. Shiny!

3) A new house, with an attached garage, built with modern sensibilities. You know, so I can move my operation inside. Right now I have a two-car garage that's really just a pair of one-car garages attached to each other, and detached from my home. Without power. One bay is absolutely full of Chevelle, and the other is the overflow storage for everything that doesn't fit into the house, obviously.

4) Spike Brewing 10 gallon eHERMS system. I'll probably buy it one kettle at a time, starting with the BK. Somewhere around this time, also need two Chugger pumps and a control panel from eBrewSupply.

5) Stainless conical fermenter. Really liking the yet-to-be-released updated one from Spike Brewing. Because, you know, shiny! (This will no doubt lead to a glycol chiller, I'm sure.)

6) Chest freezer. I think the 14 cu. ft. ones can handle something like six kegs, plus a 20# cylinder? I'll plumb it to something! (And of course, adding tap capacity requires adding... more kegs!)

It never really ends, does it?

That's a good wish list, C38368! Thinking big; I like it. My 1st wish list "big" item is a 10 - 15 ft storage container for temp controlled ferment and lagering room.

Back