Poultry marinade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CodeRage

Death by Magumba!
Reaction score
Something I've been using to marinade my poultry in lately and seems to be recieved well. So Ill share.

Mix 3 parts Dale's marinade to one part 'Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce'. It is catsup red in a clear bottle with a green twist top, usually found in ethnic foods. It fills out the flavor of the Dales and adds just a little twang.

I use the Sriracha with the red cap for EVERYTHING. Especially mediocre or plain jane chicken and pastas.

mr_stimey said:
I use the Sriracha with the red cap for EVERYTHING. Especially mediocre or plain jane chicken and pastas.
I've never seen it with a red cap? Is there a difference? The stuff is GOOD! Potent too, if you're not into hot food it is easy to over do it.

Supposedly the red cap is the "Super Hot" and instead of the chicken its got a "flying goose" on it. I never thought of why or what the differences are, but the wiki on the subject is alright, though it doesnt show the red cap version.

Its been a while since Ive had a bottle of green cap AND red cap on hand so I cant tell you what the distinct differences are, although I gotta say the red cap isnt much hotter.

Back