Looking for input on my control panel wiring diagram

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bberr004

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading a lot on here and finally decided to add a control panel and BIAB setup to my manual electric kettle. I already have the pid (Auber), ssr (with old cpu heat sink), 2 green illuminated switches, 2 red illuminated switches, and project box. I am currently wiring it up but want to ensure everything is safe. Also note it will being powered by 2 different 20A GFCI circuits, and will be 6' - 8' away from kettle when in use. Does it seem safe the way I am wiring it up?
Thanks,

Brandon

Control Panel Diagram.jpg

you could tie your pump into the 1500watt circuit. you can safetly put 16a on a 20a rated circuit. 1500wattss is only 12.5 amps. pump probably only draws an amp or two.

Thanks for the input. I was thinking about doing that to save a few bucks. This way it will be easy to add another heating element (and external circuit) without needing to add any switches, outlets, or wires inside the control panel. As easy as adding another input cord and switching a few jumpers. I am just on too tight of a budget right now for the 3rd element.

I have a similar question but mine is about the need for a fuse. I see your setup doesn't have one, does that mean you don't NEED it? Also, what size wire did you use?

I am still in the process of building it; actually taking a break from cutting the holes in the panel now. All wire is 12 gauge stranded. I do not currently have a fuse, but honestly I just didn't think about it. I guess I have a little more research to do.

Back