The bruery mischief clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoutman82

Reaction score
Ok so last night I had a bottle of mischief from the bruery and thought it tasted familiar. So if like this beer I have a real easy easy clone.

1 can coopers Australian pale ale
1 can briess pilsner malt
3 lbs orange blossom honey
2 oz glacier hops added via hop tea method

Let it ferment until gas stops throw in secondary for 2 weeks.

I'd rather use a hydrometer. Bubbling usually stops after initial fermentation is done in my experience. I wouldn't trust the airlock for that. But the hop teas method does work pretty good. I did it in the first 15 minutes of the partial boil,then add the malts off the heat. I'd back off the honey a little,it can dry out those malts. Perhaps a little too much.

not sure how much extract is in those cans and if your ABV is up to 8.5% but I think your recipe needs some work still

Hoppy Belgian-style golden strong ale.
8.5% abv
IBU: 35
SRM 5

It's got a very distinct citrusy hoppy finish and they say it is dry hopped with american hops

also, what yeast do you plan on using?

Extract LME cans generally go 3.3-3.75lbs by our measurement. It seems to depend on how dark it is ime.
The Cooper's & briess cans should be fine,as they'll add up to about 6.6lbs. I just think 3lbs of honey is a touch much,& will lighten the malt flavors. I'd use one ounce of the hops for the "tea",& dry hop with the other ounce. That'd give a better balance.

I think what OP is hinting at is that he has previously made a beer (recipe posted) that he thinks tasted just like The Bruery's Mischief.

I, however, am going to go out on a limb and say his or her palate might just be a wee bit off.

My palate is just fine and yeah I've made it before also the 3lbs of honey help keep the flavor from being diluted and more noticeable.

Back