Kegerator tower problem!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laouboy

Reaction score
Hello Mates,

Hope everyone is having a good time drinking some good ol' home brew during the summer. My situation is like this, i purchased a dual tap tower from beverage factory a couple of months back. I installed it on my chest freezer for about 3 or 4 month. But i installed it with just screw on the top, and there was never really that grip of solidness for the set up. So what im trying to do is make it so the tower is sturdy in its place. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, my idea was just drill all the way through the lid and put a washer on the other end of a long screw with a nice rubber seal, but I'm hoping someone has a better solution that may seem more clean. anything would work, I tried taking a drywall bit supporter and that didnt work to well so I am open to anything :)

Cheers,

Laouboy

If you want to get serious and make this a total non-problem forever, install a backing board inside the lid of your keezer, drilled to fit the stem of your tower plus the four mounting screws. I had to do the same as the thin sheet metal on my keezer would never have held up to the six faucet t-tower on top.

After removing the plastic inner lid liner, I carved out the foam to fit a sizable piece of 3/4" shelving I had laying about, epoxied it to the inside of the sheet metal, drilled it for the tower, then recovered it with some closed cell foam sheet.
ab_jun_24_2011_16_sm.jpg

Now I can swing the lid without worrying about the sheet metal deforming - or worse, the tower ripping loose...

Cheers!

Or remove plastic liner and insulation screw through the sheet metal top into a board across the whole top put the insulation and liner back strong and looks nice......my.02

Back