time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds amazing! Could you PM the recipe (to keep thread on topic) or a link to it? I guess you can put the "oils in chocolate destroy head retention" myth to rest!

I will get a pic up when I get home from work this evening!

Haha! So true! I tried so hard to pour it slowly at an angle. It didn't help! This beer has more head than any other beer I've made, and it lasts way too long! It is ridiculous.

It was an extract kit that I made from AHS:
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=310

It is a pretty good beer, but I think if I made it again, I would try steeping the grains and add it at the end of the boil.

I usually do all-grain, but I do extract kits occasionally just so that I can try to be a well-rounded homebrewer.

They sent me the actual ingredient list, but I don't have it with me.

Haha! So true! I tried so hard to pour it slowly at an angle. It didn't help! This beer has more head than any other beer I've made, and it lasts way too long! It is ridiculous.

It was an extract kit that I made from AHS:
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=310

It is a pretty good beer, but I think if I made it again, I would try steeping the grains and add it at the end of the boil.

I usually do all-grain, but I do extract kits occasionally just so that I can try to be a well-rounded homebrewer.

They sent me the actual ingredient list, but I don't have it with me.

How long was it in bottles (or was it kegged)? The first beer I made was 100% extract and it seemed like the head improved with age. When I first opened them about 3-4 weeks after bottling, the head was lame. I found one in my brew closet last week (almost a year later) and the head was massive!

Since I am looking for the regional distinction included in this style, my hint will be: "Think of a malt that when used as part of the base would contribute to this color"

0802111753.jpg

(To avoid confusion, beer is clear, that is condesation on the glass, which also is not relevent to this beer)

Irish Red Ale? I dunno usually its marris otter and vienna, neither of those are beyond 4 lovibond. Btw the beer is levitating in the glass... THAT is cool.

Haha a little late on my part. Figured if it wasn't that, it would be the other Altbier.

Geez, I go across the bulding to get some cookies and I come back and the picture has already been posted and correctly answered!

Germelli1 said:
BAM. I knew it wouldn't last long. Nice job MJ, your up!

It was the clues that made it easy. You actually gave 2 clues away... saying that the region was important in the answer helped narrow it down a TON, and out of the few beers left, that's the one that best suited the color.

Germelli1 said:
BAM. I knew it wouldn't last long. Nice job MJ, your up!

Fortunately Beer Genius emjay is going to run out of beer to photograph soon, and is going to have to start passing his wins off to someone else...

bottlebomber said:
Fortunately Beer Genius emjay is going to run out of beer to photograph soon, and is going to have to start passing his wins off to someone else...

I'll just do what zwolle did and post some commercial examples :D

I'll have a pic up in a few hours though... unfortunately I don't think I can manage it any sooner.

I'll just do what zwolle did and post some commercial examples :D

I'll have a pic up in a few hours though... unfortunately I don't think I can manage it any sooner.

Just out of curiosity, how many different home brews do you have stock piled that you could take a picture of?

Right now I have 10 different beers, 1 cider, 1 mead, and a few wines, but they don't count.:rockin:

Bull

bullinachinashop said:
Just out of curiosity, how many different home brews do you have stock piled that you could take a picture of?

Right now I have 10 different beers, 1 cider, 1 mead, and a few wines, but they don't count.:rockin:

Bull

Roughly the same, sans wines. Maybe a few more beers.

Bull

Roughly the same, sans wines. Maybe a few more beers.

you jerks have too much free time on your hands. come to my area and take over some of my projects so i can brew more.

FromZwolle said:
you jerks have too much free time on your hands. come to my area and take over some of my projects so i can brew more.

Most of my stockpiled beers are pretty old. I haven't brewed in over a month. 3 times total in the last 5-6 months.

I haven't brewed recently, but I'm itching really bad.

I have a nice variety, but I just miss brewing, so I need a beer to brew soon.

Suggestions are welcome.

Bull

Most of my stockpiled beers are pretty old. I haven't brewed in over a month. 3 times total in the last 5-6 months.

i need to get a few sours/long agers going, but i still need to fill up the pipeline too.

anything german, oktoberfest is right around the corner.

If I commit my freezer for a lager, I think I'm going to try to clone the Black Radish from the Weeping Radish.

I was just in NC and went to the brewery. It was my favorite beer. :ban:

I have to find a recipe for it though.:( I didn't get any help from the owner there.

Bull

beer9.jpg

The white splotches at the sides of the glass are just areas where the carbonation was really clinging to the glass, as for some reason it was clinging to most of the glass. I rotated it so that the one area which happened to be pretty bubble-free was facing the camera, in order to give people a better sense of the color.

The color is actually paler than the picture makes it seem, but the hue seems spot on. It may not be the best picture ever taken, but try to look REAL closely at the color, and you may notice it's not quite like what you thought at first glance.

Back