Probably just paranoid but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmlbeer

Reaction score
For my first brew ever, I am brewing an American Lager (kit). I started fermentation at about 2200 this past wednesday, 05jan, and OG was 1.034 as it should be in accordance with directions. It has been fermenting between 68-71 degrees and I had great activity in both the fermenter (6 1/2) and the air lock for first 72 hours. Starting last night it looks as though the color is clearing and getting darker, krausen is dissipating and air lock is only bubbling once every 12 seconds (10 seconds yesterday).

I know not to rack to bottles until hydro readings are steady, and i was thinking that would be at least 8-10 days out minimum, but should I see what I am seeing already or is it going to fast for some reason?

Thanks in advance.

Nope that sounds about right. Fermentation takes off and does a lot the first couple of days and then tapers off as it finishes the job off. 68 is a little high for a lager, so that could be speeding it up some too.

Sometimes they just ferment fast too, not much you can do but give it a week to ten days and start checking grav.

Latest posts

Back