40 qrt stockpot for 22.40 - >35.00 w shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Luck. When did you order?

Looks like I was the lucky one. I ordered mine on 3/16/09. For some reason 2 arrived yesterday and one more is scheduled for today. Sorry if I put you guys out for this kettle. I've been waiting a long time and searching for a good kettle w/o the high cost I've seen with other kettles and sanke's.

Cheers,
Tim

I just ordered a 40 qt. Hope they don't run out of those. And dang I wish I'd seen this thread a week earlier or else I'd be high fiving the UPS guy over a 60 qt right now. :)

I have a 40qt on the way too. I was looking forward to trying a few 10g batches, but I certainly can't complain too much. The 28qt pot that came with my turkey fryer cuts it a bit close, and I think has been cutting into my efficiency a bit. I just need to upgrade my MLT, and anything will be in reach.

FedEx says my 40qt arrived today. Now I just can't wait until this TDY is over so I can get back home and start brewing again.

Used my 40 quart yesterday on my first AG batch - worked like a champ!

Don't forget to put that passive oxide layer on the inside before using it the first time. Just boil some plain water in it for about 30 minutes or so.

Dan

Was the oxide layer every proven to be needed? I remember an old thread dedicated to such a debate and some mentioned it really wasn't necessary. I have a bad memory though and yes I did boil water first and dump it out on my "turkey" fryer pot and planned on it again to be safe. Just seeing if anyone recalled such a debate?

Mine is due in friday! :ban:

Was the oxide layer every proven to be needed? I remember an old thread dedicated to such a debate and some mentioned it really wasn't necessary. I have a bad memory though and yes I did boil water first and dump it out on my "turkey" fryer pot and planned on it again to be safe. Just seeing if anyone recalled such a debate?

Mine is due in friday! :ban:

I remembered and researched the bajeebers out of this a few days back. Listen to this brewpod with a metallurgist guy from 3M - it made my mind up...

The Brewing Network.com - :

Umm, so what was the synopsis/advice of this episode for those of us without the time (or inclination) to listen to the whole thing?

Umm, if you use a shiny new aluminum pot before putting this passive oxide layer on it first, you will get a metalic flavor in your brew.

I am very impressed with the 40qt pot i received however, i did just notice that it leaks from the handle bolts..
Just something to look out for. I dont think i will be filling it that high, but i am trying to figure out a way to fix it..

I noticed the same thing as I was boiling water in it for the passive oxide layer. Doubt I'll fill it that high but a good fyi.

Just got mine in today, not a dent or ding on it. Very excited to have gotten in on the deal!

My 60qt w/lid arrived yesterday. It is very nice. The edge of the lid is a little bent up but it still fits the pot fine so I'm not worried about it. It is quite a bit thicker and sturdier than the more expensive 50qt I bought from Instawares.

Someone already contacted them, they said they couldn't unload them for over a year and finally marked them down enough to sell and would not be ordering anymore. Said they would stick to only selling banquet type supplies / place settings.

Yeah, I just got the same response from them. The link springer posted seems like the next best thing. A hair more expensive but only what $5?

I really want to move to bigger batches as I am finding out the limits of my equipment, so I should just do what I always do, go big or go home. :D

I had trouble finding the pots on that link, I keep seeing them for 60+ does anyone have a part number or anything.

when you are at the site just search stock pot all the pots come up . The 40qt is $40.40 and the 60 qt is 66.72 not as cheap as Royal Palm but that was a one time deal .

Good News: I got my 40qt pot from Royal Palm and I've been very pleased with it. Three batches so far and all is good.

Bad News: I just got a call from VISA saying that my credit card has been locked down for fraudulent activity. Apparently some #(%*)# got ahold of my CC number and made some big purchases at a WalMart down south. I've only made a couple of internet purchases with this card and one of them was with Royal Palm for my big pot. Keep an eye out, just in case.

I was the very first one that used Royal Palm and I have not had any activity issures on my card. Hope you get it solved.

Bad News: I just got a call from VISA saying that my credit card has been locked down for fraudulent activity. Apparently some #(%*)# got ahold of my CC number and made some big purchases at a WalMart down south. I've only made a couple of internet purchases with this card and one of them was with Royal Palm for my big pot. Keep an eye out, just in case.

My bank called on Monday informed me that they had to shut down my Visa check card because someone had attempted to make a few transactions through a website in South Africa. I can't conclude that it's because of my purchase from these guys, but I did order a 60qt. before they went out of stock. I also used that card for all of my other online purchases for the past few years so there could be another explanation.

I bought the 40qt from royal palm about a month ago. After seeing the quality, I went back to get another, and they were sold out. I went ahead and bought 2 of the 20qt pots. So far there have been no fraudulent charges on my card, but I'll keep an eye out now. Thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts

Back