Mike McDole's Longshot Winner Pliny Clone will NOT be brewed by Sam Adams

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Adams is garbage to begin with. This doesn't surprise me a bit.

You dug up a thread over a year and a half old for this? The situation was beyond their control since it was during the hop shortage, and they eventually did brew it when the hops became available. I'd say an apology is in order.

Ha. I love when that happens. You're real on top of the beer scene buddy.

Jesus, I'm so sick of these beer snobs. I think I might punch the next dude in the throat who disses Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams because you can buy it at a grocery store. Haters.

Jesus, I'm so sick of these beer snobs. I think I might punch the next dude in the throat who disses Sierra Nevada or Sam Adams because you can buy it at a grocery store. Haters.

I buy my Pliny at Whole Foods. That beer has totally jumped the shark. :drunk:

I buy my Pliny at Whole Foods. That beer has totally jumped the shark. :drunk:

But east of Vegas there is only one place to get it, and that is metro Philly. Mostly on tap, my bil lives in Philly and has been trying to hook me up with a bottle or two for months but there is none to be found. I don't agree with your "Jump the Shark" opinion.

But east of Vegas there is only one place to get it, and that is metro Philly. Mostly on tap, my bil lives in Philly and has been trying to hook me up with a bottle or two for months but there is none to be found. I don't agree with your "Jump the Shark" opinion.

Man, he lives in California and I could smell his sarcasm all the way in Ohio. Your nose must be clogged or something!

Some good friends of mine moved to Philly recently, now I have a good reason to go visit them! :mug:

Man, he lives in California and I could smell his sarcasm all the way in Ohio. Your nose must be clogged or something!

Some good friends of mine moved to Philly recently, now I have a good reason to go visit them! :mug:

Not on my a game at this point, I missed it. But here is the link of locations when you decide to visit. I plan to be there on "business" in the next month or so.:)

yeah, I thought the sarcasm was pretty apparent. Stupid internets.

Hmmm, wouldn't making a clone of someone else's famous beer be a little awkward? Dunno, maybe they've done it before?
Anyway Koch is a class act . . . so is McDole!

Yeah, what's with all the hatin' and capital letter typin'.

I thought homebrewers were cool.

Forrest

I don't diss SA because it's at a grocery store. I buy all my beer at the grocery store. I diss SA because it tastes BLEAH. :D

Why is this 3 year old thread back up?
zombie-thread.png

Any idea where in Philly? I'll be up there this weekend...

Back