Beer bubbling in bottling bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Threetall

Reaction score
I just went to begin bottling a belgian ipa fermented with 3711 saison yeast. I fermented it for 2 weeks, and dry hopped it for another 2. I just transferred it to the bottling bucket and mixed in the priming sugar, it is bubbling a lot. What should I do?

Most likely it's just degassing the CO2 that is trapped in the beer. Absolutely nothing to worry about.

Sounds like you reactivated some of the yeast. Or it wasn't done fermenting in the first place. Did you check your Final Gravity before transfering to the bottling bucket? How much priming sugar did you use?

Gary

OG was 1.052, and SG/FG is around 1.006. Added 3 oz of table sugar for 2.3 vols of co2. Transferred with an auto-siphon. Did not rack when dry hopping.

5 gallons. It seems to have settled down a bit. But I have a layer of yeast/pellet hops on the top of the bucket which I thought would have settled to the bottom.

5 gallons. It seems to have settled down a bit. But I have a layer of yeast/pellet hops on the top of the bucket which I thought would have settled to the bottom.

Very strange. But 3 ounces of sugar is too little for 5 gallons, so you'll need another two ounces of sugar.

I think if the FG is 1.006, it's fine to bottle and the reason it was bubbling was "nucleation points".

Nah,it's just a lot of co2 degassing from fermentation. stirin it up by racking,etc can cause it to degass the dissolved co2.

Yeah I bottled it and no bottle bombs so far, so I guess I was just being irrationally nervous.

Back