oxygenating with aquarium pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruitbat

Reaction score
So I am on my third batch (extract brewing) and I just purchased an aquarium pump, hose, and airstone. While reading Palmer's book he mentions a filter using cotton soaked in sanitizer. The question is where to find the tube... I tried a bic pen body but had no luck! Help!!! Thanks in adavnce!
Cheers,
Drew

The airstone wand kit I got from Williams Brewing actually came with that filter. I'm not using it since I'm going with pure O2 and no filter is needed. I recently ordered just the wand, since I have a second O2 flowmeter regulator and plenty of tubing to connect it to the wand. Gets me to where I want to be without extra hardware that's just hanging around now (as with the first kit).

A quick vendor search shows that you can get them from both Williams Brewing and Austin Homebrew Supply for under $10 (plus shipping)...

Personally, I like the simplicity of the pure O2 setup. Not to mention, no electricity required, so it's ultra-portable. :D

Back