Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are my 2 labels so far. I thought these 2 brews deserved labels. I use a laser printer to print them and cut them manually. One is based on a vintage crate label. I put the sheets through a labeller and it puts the stick on the back...

Screenshot2011-10-20at13059PM.jpg

DOCCIDERLABEL.jpg

donny70 said:
Here are my 2 labels so far. I thought these 2 brews deserved labels. I use a laser printer to print them and cut them manually. One is based on a vintage crate label. I put the sheets through a labeller and it puts the stick on the back...

Agreed, excellent job!

Maybe the company name on the Cider label should be changed to match that on the beer label: O'Cleirigh's Beer and Cider Co.

The only downside with regular color laser is that the labels will not stay on if you are chilling the bottles in buckets of ice... not a big deal normally, but for a party etc you might have a tough time with that detail.

The only downside with regular color laser is that the labels will not stay on if you are chilling the bottles in buckets of ice... not a big deal normally, but for a party etc you might have a tough time with that detail.

Great point! I noticed that as well.....most of the time I am giving a bottle or two to friends to try and I want them to have a label. They hold up in the fridge pretty good.
Any other options for waterproof labels?

redid my label taking tips and inspiration from the better looking labels on here. Kinkos has a paper that has a sticky back, so I got them printed there. Laser printer, sticky paper, cut to size for me, $1 each? sounds like a winner.
pennantrace.jpg

photo1so.jpg

Just brewed my first batch. project with my buddy, so i gotta give him some label love. otherwise it would just be Shed Brewing. here were the options:

BeerLabel7paint.jpg

Label1.jpg

Label2.jpg

Label3.jpg

Label4.jpg

I wanted mine to look generic but I had a hard time limiting myself so it got a little random.

image-1706349871.jpg

redid my label taking tips and inspiration from the better looking labels on here. Kinkos has a paper that has a sticky back, so I got them printed there. Laser printer, sticky paper, cut to size for me, $1 each? sounds like a winner.
pennantrace.jpg

photo1so.jpg

Hey great looking label and thanks for the heads up on the printing!

DubbelDach said:
In the process of fermenting an apple cider and an apple/cherry blend cider. Always wanted to hop on the pin-up boat, so...

and

:mug:

These have to be some of my favorite ones. I love the pinup girl theme. Ya wanna help me with a triple ipa label?
I just bottled it. It's 8.7ABV or so, aggressively hopped. :)

My first label attempt. Made using a photo of my father when he was 7 years old. If you can't tell I had to photoshop an adult out of the pic...

Rough Rider Front Label 2D.jpg

Here are a few of my labels I have done so far. Graphic designer by day, so Photoshop comes pretty naturally. Never bothered with labels (time removing the labels, etc) but will be giving some as gifts so thought I'd give it a shot. Let me know what you think -

bourbonlabel.jpg

raspberrylabel.jpg

sweet.jpg

Love seeing all your labels! Gives me lots of ideas! This is my first submission. Each label I make includes the "Black Island Brewing" logo, and the specifics of the beer. I just change the main image. The odd shape is because I put them onto stubby "Duvel" bottles.

Black Island Black Dry Stout.jpg

Just brewed my first batch. project with my buddy, so i gotta give him some label love. otherwise it would just be Shed Brewing. here were the options:

Why do people post the template website labels, like we haven't seen them before?

Another new one... I'm not sure whether it's too photo-ey, but I just loved the underlying pic:

ponderbear.jpg

Just using the online label generator at this point, but still having fun. The Dog Snout Stout got named with the pictured dog stuck his nose in my bottling bucket.

BeerGoggleIPA.jpg

DogSnoutStout01.jpg

Actually. Only the label is mine. The wife has elected herself to brew this one. I think she might have a lighter hand than me...

Awesome! I would love for my wife to challenge me to a brew off....She helps with the brew though! So thats alot more then a lot of guys! :rockin:

Going with "transporation themed" beer naming, here's my first attempt. I combined the "Beer Labelizer" with my own image and added a bit of sidebar text inspired by what others have posted.

BeerLabel3-sixspeed.jpg

Amazing thread, very entertaining. You guys have all done GREAT work. I posted my first few labels in a separate thread (pls click here). But my latest project is a LOTR-themed series called "Lord of the Ales". I haven't developed all the branding for it yet and I am still playing around with fonts. I am using some LOTR fonts I found online and illustrations by the Brothers Hildebrandt below. This whole thing started because I have a 100% Nelson Sauvin IPA and I wanted to play on the New Zealand theme....

Rivendell2---IPA.jpg

GoldberryBlonde.jpg

BilboBrownAle.jpg

GollumGueuze.jpg

I like the idea of labels, especially when you're giving your brews as gifts, but being the lazy person I am, I made a multi-use tag that I just tie on the necks with twine. For the ones I give out, I wax the caps. It actually looks pretty cool. I don't have an actual picture, but heres the tag I came up with.

2ppejvs.jpg

I like the idea of labels, especially when you're giving your brews as gifts, but being the lazy person I am, I made a multi-use tag that I just tie on the necks with twine. For the ones I give out, I wax the caps. It actually looks pretty cool. I don't have an actual picture, but heres the tag I came up with.

Nice. Simple and clean. I like the type too.

Nice. Simple and clean. I like the type too.

Thanks! I'm an architecture student so they've been preaching simplicity in design like it's a verse from the bible. I've also been doing freelance graphic design as a hobby for several years now and i'm definitely all about minimalism.

Thanks! I'm an architecture student so they've been preaching simplicity in design like it's a verse from the bible. I've also been doing freelance graphic design as a hobby for several years now and i'm definitely all about minimalism.

My time as an architecture and photography student, as well as my old hoppy of graphic design, I agree. Less is always more.

Amazing thread, very entertaining. You guys have all done GREAT work. I posted my first few labels in a separate thread (pls click here). But my latest project is a LOTR-themed series called "Lord of the Ales". I haven't developed all the branding for it yet and I am still playing around with fonts. I am using some LOTR fonts I found online and illustrations by the Brothers Hildebrandt below. This whole thing started because I have a 100% Nelson Sauvin IPA and I wanted to play on the New Zealand theme....

jimpdx: nice work, those labels are fantastic! The artwork really draws you in to read the rest of the label

"british thinking - american drinking" sounds better to me. but I am an asshat, so take it for what it's worth.

Back