How many of these have you heard about your homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
every time I mention it people expect me to hand over a couple cases like it's free or something, everyone wants to try it. funny thing is even when I'm not satisfied that it's good enough and feel I can make it better, everyone says it's awesome. I must say my stouts turn out really well though.

hoser said:
funny thing is even when I'm not satisfied that it's good enough and feel I can make it better, everyone says it's awesome.

They're just tryin' to make you feel good! :D

A lot of people seem to be still remembering the 70's and 80's when some home brews were crap, so there are still a lot of non-believers around who run a mile when I offer them home brew. But stuff them ... and all the more for me....

hoser said:
... funny thing is even when I'm not satisfied that it's good enough and feel I can make it better, everyone says it's awesome. I must say my stouts turn out really well though.

I get this too - People are reallly surprised how good homebrewed beer can taste, and they don't seem to notice my mumblings like "I forgot Irish moss" or "This beers definetely wants more (or less) hops/chocolate malt/aging/carbonation"

Will you per chance share your stout recipe or any special tricks?

Regards,

Christian

my stout recipe is really simple

coopers stout beerkit
1kg golden corn syrup
3/4 cup of cocoa powder

it turned out ok, could use a bit more choclate though. and might try substituting the corn syrup with hi malt glucose next time.

not much of a recipe I know, as I used a beerkit and just used different fermentables and added chocolate, but it was ok.

Rahbek said:
I get this too - People are reallly surprised how good homebrewed beer can taste, and they don't seem to notice my mumblings like "I forgot Irish moss" or "This beers definetely wants more (or less) hops/chocolate malt/aging/carbonation"

Will you per chance share your stout recipe or any special tricks?

Regards,

Christian
Ya its kinda funny, when its time to bottle, you can find anyone, but 2 or 3 weeks later, they seem to show up..........

I usually don't bother getting bud drinkers to try my homebrew. A typical reaction was that the beer was too heavy for their taste. Now people who are drinking quality microbrews... that's a different story.

I recently gave some of my Magic Hat #9 clone to a friend of mine, who shared it with one of his other friends......the response? "Dude....where can I buy some of that?" LOL!!!

All of my friends just ask for more, they have learned the power of the homebrew........

Although I think there is a limit on the amount of homebrew you can brew without being bothered by the food and drug administration (FDA).......

Brewman said:
All of my friends just ask for more, they have learned the power of the homebrew........

Although I think there is a limit on the amount of homebrew you can brew without being bothered by the food and drug administration (FDA).......

100 gallons per year for single household...200 for more than one person in the dwelling.....

NUCC98 said:
100 gallons per year for single household...200 for more than one person in the dwelling.....

Let me tell you from personal experience...they have better things to do than pursue homebrewers. Brew all you want :D

Latest posts

Back