Who are you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. How old are you?
Just turned 37
2. Marital status?
16yrs High school sweetheart
3. Do you have kids?
Three boys 17, 13, and 7
4. Where do you live?
Dryden, MI For you in Michigan and Rednecks that’s in the middle of your thumb
5. What is your occupation?
Machinist (Mold Maker), Fire Fighter, EMT
6. Do you smoke?
Not any more 8 yrs
7. What way do you "lean" politically?
North, I go for the open-minded that will do the best for all. (So far still looking)
8. Are you religious?
Yes and no
9. What do you drive?
’04 TJ Rubicon
10. What would you consider your personality? (Outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.)
Comedian, I will always laugh at whatever life hand out.
11. Do you believe in global warming?
Yes it’s the Earth's way of Just makin another trail for all to travel
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess.
I hate ladders and Heights personal Phobia

:mug:

1. How old are you? 38
2. Marital status Married since 1994
3. Do you have kids? 2 girls, 3 & 6
4. Where do you live? The City of Trees
5. What is your occupation? Engineer
6. Do you smoke? nope
7. What way do you "lean" politically? away from voting
8. Are you religious? Put me on the side of a cliff and I will pray
9. What do you drive? GMC baby!
10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.) I'm annoyed by the dude who always talks in class but am typically the second to speak up.
11. Do you believe in global warming? Global warming and Y2K have something in common...
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. XBOX is a habit I can't kick

1. How old are you?
2. Marital status
Relationship, not married
3. Do you have kids?
Hope not
4. Where do you live?
Scotland
Student, Politics/Philosophy/Economics
6. Do you smoke?
Used to, quit in the summer
Anarcho-capitalist
8. Are you religious?
Undecided
9. What do you drive?
Toyota Yaris
10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.)
Reserved, unless i know you in which case i'm annoyingly outgoing
Well, the globe is warming. Whether it's caused by man-made CO2 or not is a different story.

Here are the topics:
1. How old are you? 33

2. Marital status: 13+ yrs

3. Do you have kids? 6 of em

4. Where do you live? Honolulu, HI

5. What is your occupation? Submarine Sonar Technician

6. Do you smoke? No

7. What way do you "lean" politically? More toward the right

8. Are you religious? Not particularly

9. What do you drive? 2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.) I'm definately reserved until I get to know you.

11. Do you believe in global warming? Didn't want to for a long time, but I think it's coming (although I don't think we are causing all of it)

12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. OK, I did think of something. When I buy cold beverages at the store (milk, bottles of soda, etc...) I rarely ever grab the one in the front. I will move one or two items out of the way and take the item behind.

Brewtopia said:
Oh man, I actually took ballet lessons for two years at age 17-19. Performed in "The Nutcracker Suite" ...but I did it all for a girl...I swear!

OK...yeah...riiiiiiiiiight. Of cooooouuurse it was! Actually, isn't it funny what we'll do for a relationship? I learned to like mushrooms for a girl (and I still love them), I learned to play two different Merle Haggard songs for a girl (OK...I would have learned them anyway, I'm sure), and in the 80's I wore a pink shirt for a girl. Actually, that list isn't all that bad. :D

I just finished reading through all of these. Definately alot of different types of people here all united by one common hobby.

[12) My dad played lead keys for the Bee Gees (such a lame fact, but there it is).[/QUOTE]
I don't think thats lame! Thats pretty cool, SWMBO likes the BEE GEES

1. How old are you?
be 45 in March
2. Marital status
Married
3. Do you have kids?
yes
4. Where do you live?
Waldorf, Maryland
Retired Navy, Information Security Analyst
6. Do you smoke?
Stopped 16 months ago
Center, slightly right
8. Are you religious?
No, Gave it up for lent years ago
9. What do you drive?
'04 BMW 330Ci
Outgoing, cynical
Yes, but don't think it is as serious as Al Gore does
My first legal night of drinking.. I drank (with 2 friends) over a gallon of JD (we forgot to eat) and spent 2 days in the hospital with alcohol poisoning, and still have the scar on my lip from faling out of bed while yaking into the metal trash can my roomate put next to the bed.. to this day (26 years later) the smell of whiskey makes me physically ill

1. How old are you? 24
2. Marital status Married
3. Do you have kids? No
4. Where do you live? Puyallup, WA
5. What is your occupation? IT
6. Do you smoke? No
7. What way do you "lean" politically? Socially liberal, fiscally conservative.
8. Are you religious? No
9. What do you drive? 91 Toyota MR-2 turbo
10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.) Misanthropic unless I've been into my homebrew.
11. Do you believe in global warming? The evidence speaks for itself.
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. I'm an avid bicyclist and have ridden the annual Seattle to Portland as well as climbed Snoqualamie pass in the last year.

1. How old are you?
2. Marital status
5 years in May
3. Do you have kids?
3 year old daughter
4. Where do you live?
Lincoln, NE
Work for a bank software company (think "Office Space")
6. Do you smoke?
Quit 3 1/2 years ago
Somewhat right economically, left on social issues
8. Are you religious?
I go to church but I think whatever is out there is beyond the grasp of organized religion or the ability of humans to comprehend it.
9. What do you drive?
96 Mazda Protege with 150,000 miles and a dent in the left rear quarter (yeah baby!)
I don't like people in general until I get to know them. Comes from too much working with the public.
Yes, and I'm scared for my daughter and grandchildren's future.
The 4th toe on my right foot is malformed and folds under the 3rd toe.

Hopfan said:
I think we know what your hobbies are...:D

Only four of them (still alot) are biologically mine. We adopted one more, and currently have a foster child living here as well.

Before she got fixed, I could pretty much look at my wife and get her pregnant, don't have to worry about that anymore.

McKBrew said:
Only four of them (still alot) are biologically mine. We adopted one more, and currently have a foster child living here as well.

Before she got fixed, I could pretty much look at my wife and get her pregnant, don't have to worry about that anymore.
I salute you sir. You are indeed a glutton for punishment.

I will be 49 tomorrow
married for 30 years come next oct.
2 kids jesse 26 melissa 23
i live in thedford ne and own a a convenience store
i don't smoke, never have
i'm somewhat religious but don't attend church
dont get caught up in politics, don't like debates
i.m fairly shy until i get to know people
i drive a 2001 pontiac trans am but have other classic care in hiding
i have a foot long grey ponytail and tattoos- harley rider:rockin:

1. How old are you?
2. Marital status
Married.
3. Do you have kids?
Yes. Boy/4. Girl/2.
4. Where do you live?
Ummm.... already available.
Electrical Engineer (microchips)
6. Do you smoke?
I plead the 5th.
I am wholey enlightened. I see a balance in everything that exists. I have no politics.
8. Are you religious?
I already told you that I didn't have any politcs. :)
9. What do you drive?
1995 VW Jetta, bleeding oil up until a few days ago. Radio shorts out, CD player is broken.
Slightly outgoing. Joker/Smartass.
Yes, but I don't believe humans have much to do with it at all.
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess
A girl I dated in high school had her brother (a preacher and sometimes missionary in Haiti) try to cast demons out of me. No sh;t. True story.

1. How old are you?
29, looking forward to what the 30s bring.

2. Marital status
Single.

3. Do you have kids?
No. I'd like some, but I won't be crushed if I never have them.

4. Where do you live?
Hell's Armpit... I mean, Houston, TX.

Graduate student.

6. Do you smoke?
No.

Liberal but unaffiliated with a party. I vote for the best candidate, not party line.

8. Are you religious?
I believe in God but prefer to keep religion to myself.

9. What do you drive?
A Saab. Love my turbo engine! :D

10. What would you consider your personality?
Shy to people I don't already know, extroverted with those I do.

Yes. I've seen dramatic climate change in my home state (AK) over my lifetime.

I was once interrogated by police while living in Japan, because they suspected me of being involved with local yakuza.

1. How old are you? 41 on April 1st
2. Marital status Divorced a long time ago
3. Do you have kids? 14 yr old daughter who live with me
4. Where do you live? Phoenix, AZ
5. What is your occupation? Large format printer
6. Do you smoke? Nope... quit over 2 yrs ago... took up drinking beer
7. What way do you "lean" politically? neither way
8. Are you religious? nope... but spiritual
9. What do you drive? 2006 Chevy Impala
10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.) not to open to people I don't know, but pretty wild and crazy to the people who I do know
11. Do you believe in global warming? yes
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. hummmm, not sure what to say

beer4breakfast said:
As in photographic printing of large format film camera originals, or some other kind?

We receive digital images (files) (and hardcopies - architectual renderings, etc) I print them to our large format inkjet (60" to 72" wide) printer and our Durst photographic printer (50" wide).

We do alot of printing for trade booths and stuff like that, also vehicle wrapping.

beer4breakfast said:
Cool. I thought maybe mural printing or signage or something along those lines. For my hobby pursuits, I'd love to get my hands on a 8x10 Durst Laborator, but have no room for such a big enlarger in my current house.

We have a 72" wide Vutek printer in which we can print on a number of different substrates (wood, metal, plastic, etc.) With the inkjet we can print on canvas and watercolor paper (with our standard paper stock) we run a 50" Durst Lambda for our photographic prints.

Fun work but very stressful sometime. :)

1. How old are you?
38, look older, act way younger

2. Marital status
Single, I always end up being a friend, not a hookup

3. Do you have kids?
Nope

4. Where do you live?
Currently VT, but I have had 11 different addresses since 4/03

Construction Worker, Laborer... Usually something that allows me to scratch my feet when they itch

6. Do you smoke?
Not cigarettes...

Libertarian... left mostly, except guns and some other stuff

8. Are you religious?
I am agnostic, I appreciate people that have faith, but hate people that preach, or believe my god is better than your god

9. What do you drive?
Currently an '88 volvo wagon with 520k on it, and alot of times, just my thumb

Extremely outgoing, life of the party type. I find humor in most things and like to share.

Yes I do, but I believe we can fix it if we apply ourselves. 6 billion people is freaky, and China & India 'modernizing' too, but I have faith...

I am also crazy for redheads (and deadheads). I have been naked in front of over 100,000 people.:fro:

1. How old are you?
2. Marital status
married
3. Do you have kids?
yep, 6 month old boy, sleeping on my lap making typing difficult
4. Where do you live?
nishinomiya, japan betwixt kobe and osaka
preschool teacher
6. Do you smoke?
not for 5ish years
left. i cant stand the 自民党 and abe is a moron
8. Are you religious?
no
9. What do you drive?
a blue shopping bicycle with a basket on front
im kind of am ass
yes.
i was an ice cream man

1. How old are you? 27
2. Marital status: Married
3. Do you have kids? No
4. Where do you live? Ankeny, IA
5. What is your occupation? Field Service Engineer
6. Do you smoke? Used to. An occasional cigar.
7. What way do you "lean" politically? I lean away from politics if I can, but I'm definately a conservative
8. Are you religious? yes, but I have a problem with the way most churches are ran today
9. What do you drive? BMW Z4
10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.) pretty shy around people I don't know, but am very outgoing with my good friends
11. Do you believe in global warming? No, its a cyclical change of the earth. We are still coming out of the ice age...
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. I ride a recumbent bike.

1. 59 years young.
2. Married to my first wife.
3. No kids.
4. Austin Texas
5. Operations Assistant for a Trucking Company
6. I quit smoking before some of you were born.
7. I tend to lean left or right depending on the issue. On many issues I believe there is a solution that neither side is considering.
8. Raised Christian, Scientologist since 1974.
9. 1994 Ford Super Cargo van with over 400,000 miles on it for camping, kayaking and fishing. Chevy Truck for everyday and taking SWMBOed shopping.
10. Friendly and outgoing although a certain amount of solitude has always been important to me, esp in outdoor activities, camping, kayaking, hiking, fishing, etc.
11. [start of rant] I think this subject is too politicized and missing the bigger picture. Arguing over how much impact we are having on global warming or not to me misses the more basic idea of caring for our environment. Who wants to live in a filthy, trashy, stinky house. Why should Mother Nature have to constantly be cleaning up after us. Whether or not we have global warming, we should act like we do just for the sake of being more responsible caretakers of our home planet. What if the neighbors come to visit. Would you want them to see polluted skys, rivers and streams? Our countries leaders acting like a bunch of children? Half the population apathic and the other half wanting to bomb each other because they think the others are heathens or worshiping the wrong god?
So, what would the neighbors think if they took a good look at life on this planet? [end of rant]

12. I once was a professional sheep shearer in my younger days. Worked with a crew out of Colorado shearing in Wyoming, Montana and Colorado.
I have shaved most of my life with a straight razor.

speed said:
alemonkey, we get down to lincoln once in awhile as both kids live there, are you part of the lincoln lagers? I've met a few of them while they were brewing at the state fair.

I haven't joined yet, but I've been thinking about it. Right now I usually just brew by myself in my garage.

1. How old are you?
2. Marital status?
Single
3. Do you have kids?
nope
4. Where do you live?
New Orleans, LA
Carpenter/Student (senior working on my English degree with a focus on creative writing)
6. Do you smoke?
Camel Wide Filters, but I've been switching to Bugler lately.
Left
8. Are you religious?
Buddhist
9. What do you drive?
My lovely bicycle
Serious, maybe a bit melancholy
sure
I've climbed mountains, lived in France, and I'm a published poet (small regional journals, but my ego likes it nonetheless).

Prowler 13 said:
Our countries leaders acting like a bunch of children? Half the population apathic and the other half wanting to bomb each other because they think the others are heathens or worshiping the wrong god?

Very nicely said!!! :mug:

Catfish said:
left. i cant stand the 自民党 and abe is a moron
Ok I gotta ask. Everyone has been thinking it but no one has the ballz to bring it up so I will . . .

Exactly how big is they keyboard that has keys like 自, 民, & 党 on it and how long does it take you to learn how to type on that mother?
:drunk:

Pumbaa said:
Ok I gotta ask. Everyone has been thinking it but no one has the ballz to bring it up so I will . . .

Exactly how big is they keyboard that has keys like 自, 民, & 党 on it and how long does it take you to learn how to type on that mother?
:drunk:

The keyboard is the same size, but the keys are really small.

Well, I'm new here so to get ahead of some of the usual questions that come my way in a forum....

1. How old are you? 51 but nobody believes it
2. Marital status Married, for the second time
3. Do you have kids? 2 from my first marriage, 13 and 10; 1 from my current marriage, a 3 yr/old boy
4. Where do you live? I live in central Tokyo, the worlds largest metropolis (but still a small world)
5. What is your occupation? I'm a professional Geologist and my work is on humanitarian projects. Currently I'm a professor at a university.
6. Do you smoke? I smoke a pipe ocassionally
7. What way do you "lean" politically? Which way I lean depends on how much I drink. I don't trust any politicians.
8. Are you religious? Religious about drinking beer, yes!
9. What do you drive? a 3-speed 27 inch bicycle. But I usually walk locally or ride the subway/trains for commuting.
10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.) Quiet, friendly, but quite different when I get drunk
11. Do you believe in global warming? Yes and it's another great angle to make a fortune
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. I'm 51

And there you have it.
Cheers!
Jim

1. How old are you? 57

2. Marital status - married 25th anniversary this October

3. Do you have kids? 4 from previous marriages 3 boys 1 girl/all grown in their 30s

4. Where do you live? very rural central NH

5. What is your occupation? Public Safety Dispatcher & 911 Operator. 5 years as a firefighter EMT and now 25 years a dispatcher
(I tell cops, firefighters and EMTs where to go :rockin: )

6. Do you smoke? gave it up 5 years ago

7. What way do you "lean" politically? conservative libertarian

8. Are you religious? do not belong to a religion but firmly believe in Jesus and the father

9. What do you drive? 97 Toyota Tacoma

10. What would you consider your personality? I vary depending on where I am and with whom. Crowds get to me and I get withdrawn. Among close friends I am mostly warm and friendly. Fiercely loyal to closest friends.

11. Do you believe in global warming? I believe mother earth goes through cycles and we are currently in a warmer one. I think humans have some effect on it but am not yet convinced it is all our fault.

12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. I rescue dogs. Specifically special needs and older large breeds with Newfs being the most important.

1. How old are you?
2. Marital status?
Married
3. Do you have kids?
girl 4 1/2 ; boy 16 months
4. Where do you live?
<-- look over there
Software Engineer
6. Do you smoke?
No
I lean toward the lesser of the evils that are running
8. Are you religious?
I'm a non-denominational Christian. I don't go to church enough, but believe in god
9. What do you drive?
2004 Buick Rendezvous (yeah...I should've just bought a minivan and saved 5 or so grand)
Shy at first I suppose...just depends upon how much beer I've consumed
I'm still forming my opinion. Its a fact that the globe is warming...and I'm sure we may have sped that up a bit, but I'm not convinced we can do anything more than slow down the rate of warming until nature takes its course.
You can read me like a book....there is nothing to tell. :p

Hey all, been way to long, thought this was a good thread to ease back in

1. How old are you? 24

2. Marital status? Might as well be married, and will be soon enough

3. Do you have kids? Nope

4. Where do you live? Binghamton NY

5. What is your occupation? In transition... Got out of Iraq, then got out of the Army, got hired as a Fire Fighter, waiting for the academy to start

6. Do you smoke? smoke, quit, smoke, quit, smoke, quit, smoke, quit

7. What way do you "lean" politically? Militant Moderate

8. Are you religious? Uhh, not really

9. What do you drive? 02 xTerra, 07 HD Street Bob

10. What would you consider your personality? To laid back for my own good

11. Do you believe in global warming? I live in upstate NY... I'm rooting for it.:p

Uhhh... I shave with a straight razor

1. How old are you? 30
2. Marital status? Married
3. Do you have kids? nope
4. Where do you live? Edinburgh for a few more months then Kalispell Montana
5. What is your occupation? Mechanical Engineer, who is thinking about farming
6. Do you smoke? nope
7. What way do you "lean" politically? Proud member of the “vast right wing conspiracy”
8. Are you religious? Raised Lutheran, plan on getting back into it someday.
9. What do you drive? 1998 Rover in Scotland, 1991 Chevy pickup back home
10. What would you consider your personality? Hermit who forces himself to step out and enjoy life.
11. Do you believe in global warming? Considering that the whole sum of human activity has only increased the carbon level .008% I doubt we are having a big effect. The economic catastrophe that would result from cutting carbons would kill way more people than global warming ever will. That said I try to live conservatively like my grandparents, who lived happily with very few possessions.
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. I like to pick my knows and don’t care who nose:p . Have a thing for satin sheets. Can’t stand boxers crawling up my crack.

Fiery Sword said:
left...except on abortion and guns....which makes me a party outcast. :mad:

I'll start a party with you, I'm the same. My Democratic friends just steer away from the conversation when I bring it up. I think they're afraid that since I'm mostly against it that I might get in their face about it, like some other people.

the_bird said:
Pictures, please! I need to see the chick-mullet. :D

Bird, Best representation I could find. Note the cropped close to skull hair on the side. It's kind of like Tony Montana's sister in Scarface with the "Big Curly" hair from the front so this is the best I could do :eek:.

:rockin:

scan0001-web.jpg
circa 1985

Oh, that's my boy in the middle with the hat. 1 yr bday. Ack this if you saw it.

Back