Anybody know a good digital illustrator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricand

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to etch my logo on glass, but I need the photograph of my cat Harli made into a black and white no grayscale image. I'd be happy to compensate someone with some tasty homebrew or even a little cash. I just don't know anyone with the required skill set.

Are you just talking about a dithered black-n-white image similar to this:

capture_10052006_115711b.jpg

Filled out the form. Do you get back to me with pricing and graphics needs via email? I have my logo in an AI file, but it's 36Megs so I'd need an ftp site to toss it to you.

This is what I"m looking for, something B&W for etching or machining. I have a variety of design software like CS4 and layout stuff like Quark since I own a small marketing production agency. My graphics design guy isn't an illustrator though and claims he can't do it. I'll check out the link.

Me thinks you needs a new GD guy! :) If BBC doesn't do it for ya, I'm sure he will, I'd be glad to help you out.

Schlante,
Phillip

Filled out the form. Do you get back to me with pricing and graphics needs via email? I have my logo in an AI file, but it's 36Megs so I'd need an ftp site to toss it to you.

We usually will get back to you the same day or early the next. With the exceptions of the weekend's.. then we'll get to you first thing on Monday. ;)

How are you etching them?

If you're paying someone to etch them they should be able to output the file correctly themselves.

If you're DIYing it and can get high resolution then looks online for halftone tutorials for your software. If you can't get a good resolution then you'll need to go line art like the Hop Dog posted above.

How are you etching them?

If you're paying someone to etch them they should be able to output the file correctly themselves.

If you're DIYing it and can get high resolution then looks online for halftone tutorials for your software. If you can't get a good resolution then you'll need to go line art like the Hop Dog posted above.

I'm using this technique https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-pint-glass-etching-174513/ and making a photoresist stencil. Basically it's like screen printing without the resolution, so you can't do screens or gray scales. I'm thinking I'll need the line art.

Looks like line art's the go then.

It would be hard to get a a decent halftone with that stuff, and if you could I would imagine that stencil material would break down quite easily.

All the best - and be sure to post up your results, would be keen to see what you come up with.

Yeah, half tones definitely wouldn't work. You could probably set up a 20 line screen and get close, but I wouldn't want to experiment since I don't have the capabilities to manipulate the art in that way. Hopefully BBC will get back to me soon with some kind of pricing I can afford to convert it to full b&W line art. I'll definitely post pics when I start etching.

Latest posts

Back