Yeast starter from washed yeast question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamoore

Reaction score
I have some 2nd generation washed yeast from Wyeast 1056. It's in the fridge now.

I just made a 1L starter wort that is cooling in the same fridge in an Erlenmeyer flask.

When the temps equalize (at about 36), can I decant the liquid from the yeast and pitch the yeast into the wort, and let it gradually warm to room temp while on the stir plate?

I can't think of any reason why this would be bad, but I wanted to ask to make sure.

Thanks!

I have some 2nd generation washed yeast from Wyeast 1056. It's in the fridge now.

I just made a 1L starter wort that is cooling in the same fridge in an Erlenmeyer flask.

When the temps equalize (at about 36), can I decant the liquid from the yeast and pitch the yeast into the wort, and let it gradually warm to room temp while on the stir plate?

I can't think of any reason why this would be bad, but I wanted to ask to make sure.

Thanks!

You should be able to do that. You could also take the washed yeast out, decant and let it warm up to an equal temp while the wort cools. As long as you don't have large fast temp swings the yeast will fine.

Back