beer name help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
Doing a Summer Rye to give to some of the family and friends for my wedding in May. I'm havign trouble coming up with any good wedding/marriage related names that fir with Summer Rye though. anybody got any ideas?

This is Rye I love you
Rye Do (ala "I do")
Summer Ryets (ala Rites)

Maybe pun-heavy, but hey, summer rye is a pretty specific type of beer. :)

Put the emphasis where it belongs. I would just call it, "John and Mary, 5-15-2010", with some kind of frilly border. At the bottom, in small print, call it a summer rye ale or whatever.

I like puns, I knew there were plenty of people more creative then me. Anybody else got one? I have to get SWMBO approval for any name so we'll see how it goes.

I'm also a fan of the "Rye the Knot" - though I'd say put the names above it

ie:

John & Mary
Rye the Knot
5-11-2010

Post up your label when its done as I am curious on designs as I will be doing the same thing for my wedding favor (8-19-2011)

and since I'll never say no to a shameless plug of our alma mater...go tigers!

SWMBO is digging Rye the Knot the best so far too. As for our names the date all that stuff that will probably go on the back. I'm thinking front label with Rye the Knot or whatever the name ends up being and back label with all that personal stuff. Maybe a neck label with the logo for my "brewery".

Im not creative enough to help, I like Rye the knot, Just wanted to chime in and say Georgia Tech > Clemson!

Can we keep the flame wars about sports on the espn blogs? Here its all about the beers :mug:

thought GT v CU will be decided in round ball tomorrow night...guess we'll see who makes the dance

SWMBO is digging Rye the Knot the best so far too. As for our names the date all that stuff that will probably go on the back. I'm thinking front label with Rye the Knot or whatever the name ends up being and back label with all that personal stuff. Maybe a neck label with the logo for my "brewery".

Oh, by the way, if you use Rye the Knot you have to invite me to the reception :mug:

Oh, by the way, if you use Rye the Knot you have to invite me to the reception :mug:
If you want to come from California then you are invited. If you come 3000 miles for the wedding reception of 2 people you never met just because of some decent food and maybe a couple homebrews then you :rockin: and also have way to much time and money on your hands.

God, the puns, the PUNS!

"Rye the Knot" is good, though a stretch. I'd call it something like "NuptiAle" and do the front label as follows:

John & Mary's NuptiAle
Date
Romantic image of bride & groom like what'll be on top of the cake

Then the back label with beer information.

"Rye the Knot" makes my SWMBO roll her eyes and make comments about "too easily amused". ;)

But hey, it's your beer! And congrats to you and your imending doom...I mean radiant bride!

[ducks and runs, in case she's reading over shoulder]

Bob

I have to say I think nuptiALE is just as much a stretch and doesn't make me laugh like "rye the knot" it is quite a good play on words too though.

Wedding Rye?

...from Google translate (depending upon beer style)...

Hochzeit Roggen (German)
bruiloft rogge (Dutch)
rhyg priodas (Welsh)
mariage de seigle (French/Belgian)

Ok here is a preliminary draft of the wedding label. I have a couple other versions with a light yellow or light blue background and adjusted the knot color a little. If anybody has any suggestions throw them out, definitely still a work in progress.

Rye the Knot.jpg

Looks awesome man!

Too bad you can't make the knot in purple or orange haha

My thoughts...since my girlfriend/soon to be finance has me geared up for wedding mode so my thoughts would be...

Tie colors in to the colors of the wedding.

Maybe even change font to match whats on invites/programs/etc - I'm anal and like consistency

Also - for a homebrew why go with the gov't warning - to be honest I saw it and figured there'd be some witty remarks and then I saw it was legit - is this some VA law?

Looks awesome man!

Too bad you can't make the knot in purple or orange haha

My thoughts...since my girlfriend/soon to be finance has me geared up for wedding mode so my thoughts would be...

Tie colors in to the colors of the wedding.

Maybe even change font to match whats on invites/programs/etc - I'm anal and like consistency

Also - for a homebrew why go with the gov't warning - to be honest I saw it and figured there'd be some witty remarks and then I saw it was legit - is this some VA law?

I only have a certain color range that I can change to because of the original color of the image of the knot. When I change the hue and saturation it has some scale it works off of so I don't have all color options.

Fiance likes the sort of handwritten looking font so will probably stick with that the font from invites, save the dates, etc wouldn't look good I don't think.

Done the Govt warning on every label I've ever done I like the bit of legitimacy it adds.

How about Gamecock Rye?

Because they suck beyond all human measure or comprehension, and I would never place the chicken curse on anything having to do with my life by referencing them. Unless I were to make a beer based solely on the premise of my hatred for USC. :rockin:

Back