What to do with leftovers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phooka

Large Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a AHS British Pale Ale kit yesterday (mini-mash). I have done this one before and liked it pretty well. I have about a 1lbs of LME left over from a quadrupal I did a few months ago (starter for yeast) - think I could just toss the LME in the mix since it's just getting old in the bag? Mm?

dale

phooka said:
I ordered a AHS British Pale Ale kit yesterday (mini-mash). I have done this one before and liked it pretty well. I have about a 1lbs of LME left over from a quadrupal I did a few months ago (starter for yeast) - think I could just toss the LME in the mix since it's just getting old in the bag? Mm?

dale
Go for it. One pound shouldn't affect the overal beer but will increase the malt profile and obvously increase your ABV%.

If you're wanting to do a dead-on clone, you'll need to add some addtional hops to counter the extra malt.

Back